INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 17 Server  (Read 1021 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
MC 17 Server
« on: October 24, 2012, 12:39:09 pm »

Was enjoying serving my library to a laptop but the server no longer starts (runs).  UPnP server runs.  I read in troubleshooting to delete the library and recreate it.  I think I did this without correcting the problem.  Not sure I did this correctly.  How to fix this?

Also does the DLNA server send bit perfect files to the client (also Media Center)?  I have WASAPI Event configured on the server.

Thanks
Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 17 Server
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 08:57:42 am »

Are you pushing the content to the laptop from the server or the other way around? (running on the client laptop and pulling from the server).
The logic is different in the 2 cases.
For either case, make sure Media Network is enabled in the Media Network options.
If you are pushing, make sure all of the DLNA checkboxes are checked on both the server and laptop client PC (under Media Network->Advanced: DLNA server, controller and renderer).
If you are pulling, does the server PC show up under the laptop's Playing Now tree?
Pages: [1]   Go Up