INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Last.fm scrobbling enhancements  (Read 1376 times)

Pyroh

• Recent member
Feature Request: Last.fm scrobbling enhancements
« on: October 21, 2013, 03:07:14 pm »

I love the last.fm scrobbling integration in JRiver but imo it is missing one important feature, which is this set of options found inside the official Last.fm Scrobbler:

It's enabled by default, and for good reason I believe. If I'm just trying to find one song in an album, or I have to leave 5 seconds after a song starts It seems illogical to say that I've listened to that song on my list of scrobbles.

edit: It seems under Last.fm > "Configure filter for submission" I can add a custom rule which I assume accepts JRiver's expressions, however I'm not familiar enough with the JRiver expression language to accomplish what I need.

Pyroh

• Recent member
Re: Feature Request: Last.fm scrobbling enhancements
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 07:14:45 pm »

bump 4 jesus

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 08:30:51 am »

The "configure for submission" custom rules define which songs to submit to last.fm based on their tag data (e.g. only submit files with a Media Type of 'Audio' and Media Sub-Type of Music). What you fill in here will depend on how you have your library tagged. My own filter is to send all music (including videos) that are not missing artist or track name info.
Code: [Select]
[Media Sub Type]=[Music] -[Artist]=[] -[Name]=[]
As far as when the songs are submitted, I believe I recall that it used to be that the songs would be submitted to last.fm at 50% played (the same time as the [number plays] field increments in MC). Then there was a change made so that last.fm would display "Now scrobbling from JRiver Media Center" on the last.fm webpage (per a user request). This change necessitated submitting the songs immediately upon play. (Note here, that this information is all assembled from vague memories, and so may not all be 100% accurate.)

Personally, I agree with you and would prefer either the old way (submitted at 50%) or something that is configurable (I don't care if last.fm shows the "now scrobbling" thing). My guess is that this falls into the "not a priority for dev time" bucket at the moment though.

-Jon

Pyroh

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:11:11 pm »

Thanks for the explanation, seems fair enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up