INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyway to recreate the 70's with MC  (Read 1871 times)

noahwwinter

• Recent member
Anyway to recreate the 70's with MC
« on: October 30, 2012, 08:43:08 pm »

Remember in the 70's when you would come home from school, turn on the TV, turn the TV sound down and play an album.  Like Gilligan's Island set to a rock album?  Okay I know it just wasn't me as I witnessed this on several occasions. 

So, anyway to play a movie on JRiver but switch to different audio? Or per a previous post, anyway to play the audio from a BD while watching the theater visuals generated from playing an album?

Otherwise I will just have to live in the 21st Century with its reduced capabilities.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Anyway to recreate the 70's with MC
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:01:44 pm »

Remember in the 70's when you would come home from school, turn on the TV, turn the TV sound down and play an album.  Like Gilligan's Island set to a rock album?  Okay I know it just wasn't me as I witnessed this on several occasions.

I would never admit to such a thing, but it's easily done... ;)

Create a new zone ("Silent," if you like) and set 'Output Mode' to Null Output. That will allow video to be played without using any real audio devices. Play your favourite episode of Gilligan's Island in the Silent zone, while listening to audio in your usual zone.

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 08:13:53 am »

I would suggest watching a better TV Show if you have to play a music album while you watch it :D
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 02:07:14 pm »

Rick.ca, could I do the reverse then, play a music BD for its audio, no video, while playing a audio file no sound in theater mode in order to trigger the artist visuals?  This would be great, once I research how zones work.

The online media slideshow works if an artist is selected—not just when a track by the artist is playing. So you can switch from Display View (where the BD is playing) back to Theatre View, and view slideshow wherever the artist is selected (except Playing Now, which, of course will be displaying the BD).

A better question might be why does the slideshow not work in Playing Now for a Music Video with a valid [Artist] value? Then Playing Now could include a slide show with the video showing in an inset. 8)

noahwwinter

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 07:42:59 pm »

Well that was the answer.  I'm such a newb I didn't realize you could change the media slideshow from what was actually playing to what you had available to play without disturbing what you were listening to.  The BD does not have an artist field since it is a movie, it has an actor field, but maybe this fieldcould be added.  However I had ripped a CD copy of the album, Dark Side of the Moon, and selected it from the audio menu while the BD played.

I also discovered Media Center appeared to have the ArcSoft software already plugged in so I could run it from their, minimize it and then run the theater slide show from JRiver full screen.

Unfortunately and unrelated to JRiver, the audio dropped from 5.1 to 2.0 PCM when using the computer BD drive instead of the BD player, but that is likely another issue.  This was true if I used JRiver or ArcSoft to play the BD so I'm off to figure that one out.

When I do I will be set, thanks so much for sage advice.

...and MrHaugen is of course correct regarding the choice of viewing material matched to the music.

RSleith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 09:43:13 am »

...Dark Side of the Moon...

Speaking of which...this thread begs the question...at what precise moment do you cue up DSOTM while watching The Wizard of Oz  ;D

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 04:23:25 pm »

On the third roar of the lion. Duh. ;)

It might be easier to mux DSOTM into The Wizard of Oz to make your own Dark Side of the Rainbow. 8)

RSleith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 12:11:03 pm »

On the third roar of the lion. Duh. ;)

It might be easier to mux DSOTM into The Wizard of Oz to make your own Dark Side of the Rainbow. 8)

Thanks for the link!

Another theory suggests the correspondence may have been assisted by the synaesthetic effects of psychoactive drugs taken by those who then chose to enjoy the album and the film together.

Wait, there's another explanation?

Pages: [1]   Go Up