INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Customization  (Read 3697 times)

sla

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View Customization
« on: November 02, 2012, 02:58:50 pm »

I would like to customize Theater View. (I am using ver 18). I would like to use it for Audio only. I would like to keep it very simple.
(Album view [organized by Artist - Album (Year)], upon choosing -> List view)

I can go to options and remove "video and other options". What I cannot do is to edit "Album View" And "Showcase View" further...

[That is if I choose Album view then I should be able to edit next step, for instance default action for Showcase is "listview" but it is not the case with Album View],
Also for instance I do not need Display view, but there is no option to remove it?

There is a Standard View Skinning Tutorial but it does not apply to Theater View...

Please help - I am sure Theater View can be highly customized but right now I can only customize "level 1". I need to be able to customize all levels.

I will post pictures when I get home...

PS: I have no problem with modifying xml files if needed, I even looked at them but could not find any significant parameters...

JRiver on Silent/Fanless STREACOM FC5 EVO -> DSD through Firewire on Mytek 192 DSD -> CODA 05r pre/CODA 10.5 amp -> Sonics Amerigo Speakers

sla

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Theater View Customization
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »

Here are the pictures:

I have modified the entry point: (Artist, Showroom, Genre, Exit) 1.jpg
Now Artist has been modified to show: Artist - Album (Year) 2.jpg
Now when I press enter on album it takes me to this view: 3.jpg
That is slightly ridiculous - one cannot see anything with this view!!!

On the other hand, when one chooses Showroom view: 4.jpg 
one gets 3d view [not my favourite... ]
but when I press enter on album with this view I get a beautiful list view: 5.jpg

That is what I would like to get when pressing enter on Artist-Album view.

Now I am coming from Fireball Escient music server and I think their interface is great. Right now JRiver interface is not really usable.

I am sure there are many people out there that are trying to find out the replacement for their music servers so I am sure I am not alone.
Unfortunately I cannot play HD music on Escient otherwise I would not look for change.

Please help...So close to have JRiver being a perfect solution...
JRiver on Silent/Fanless STREACOM FC5 EVO -> DSD through Firewire on Mytek 192 DSD -> CODA 05r pre/CODA 10.5 amp -> Sonics Amerigo Speakers

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 07:05:43 pm »

When you are in a view, go to More in the upper roller and select Toggle List Style...
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

sla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 07:30:11 pm »

Simple solution. It worked. JRiver remembers your choice so the problem is solved.

sla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »

I wonder if one can make album covers bigger [in Theater mode] just like in regular mode...

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 07:50:15 pm »

Hold down CTRL and use the mouse wheel to Zoom in and out..

Ken

sla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 02:35:12 pm »

CTRL + Mouse wheel works to some extent only [= it is related to text size]. But it is fine - does not really matters that much.

Anyway I went ahead and purchased JRiver [= much better then Foobar ;) which I was tinkering with for past 1-2 weeks].

Couple further questions: Is there a shortcut for going directly to the top menu? [otherwise if one is stuck in the middle of the list view one has to scroll all the way to the top],

Another question: Remote - seems to be tricky - I need to use just remote to control JRiver. No much of a native support. Right now it is not a big problem as I use Intelliremote [together with ATI RF remote -> actually one of universal remotes] - it would be nice to have similar capabilities built inside JRiver... [I am sure there is an extensive list of keyboard shortcuts - just I need to find it... and program Intelliremote...]

Can JRiver support: Broadcom's BCM70012 and BCM70015 [these are mini pci-e cards that can decode DVD and BR]? Here are the drivers: http://www.broadcom.com/support/crystal_hd/
(XBMC and Media Player Classic supports it...)

Anyway here is my setup below: [Fanless/Silent small PC [Mini ITX with CPU AMD 270u (25W TP) cooled by heatsinks outside]] -> USB -> Mytek 192 DSD Dac. [all files are SACDs... ;)]
(In a couple days I will be comparing sound with my workhorse player SONY SCD-XA5400ES)...

This is also big plus for JRiver authors to support DSD playback!!! big thank you...

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 03:44:12 pm »

1) Left Arrow key is quickest.

2) Did you look at Options - remote - commands. You can learn the remotes buttons for a lot of the desired functions in J river.

3) I don't know.

Ken

DanielBMe

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 09:09:43 am »

Ken, do you know if there's a way to make the DVD cover art larger in TheaterView when using the Wall View? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 09:44:18 am »

Change the list style.  Under "More".

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 10:20:44 am »

Ken, do you know if there's a way to make the DVD cover art larger in TheaterView when using the Wall View? 

I do not know....

sla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 02:36:42 pm »

Actually I have found that "backspace" is the best for Exit to the menus.

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 10:11:24 pm »

Re going back to root menu .
My WMC remote green button takes me back to the top .
Hope this helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up