INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Playback via DVB-C (MC 18.0.69)  (Read 1517 times)

BayensF

• World Citizen
Radio Playback via DVB-C (MC 18.0.69)
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:13:37 am »

Hi,

I was reading the below message for the MC Version 18.0.69

9. Changed: In DVB television playback, if video PID is zero MC will not play the channel in time-shifting mode.

Does this mean that if I (re)install my DVB-C card I am able to start a radio stream without having a video stream?
I have started a tread about this (Play radio by DVB Card) on 7 Dec 2011, would be great to know if it's fixed/solved.

Thanks in advance for your reply...AND...IF SOLVED....GREAT JOB! ;D

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Radio Playback via DVB-C (MC 18.0.69)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 08:06:30 pm »

I made the change but have no way of testing it.  We need people in DVB land to try it out and confirm whether it is really fixed.

And go have a look of the last few posts in your original thread.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 01:18:38 am »

I made the change but have no way of testing it.  We need people in DVB land to try it out and confirm whether it is really fixed.

OK, I will reinstall my DVB-C card and will let you know if everything works. I removed it for some reasons, first one was not playing Radio Streams, second the usage as a Video recorder was time consuming as I had to reload the TV program guide after each day.

I am living in the Netherlands, have a workding day, so you can expect a first "report" this weekend.

With kind regards, Fred.

NickF

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 03:59:26 am »

Yaobing, I have tested this and it works.  Many thanks.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 04:10:25 am »

Hi Nick

What are your settings and which DVB-C card are you using. I can only play if I manual switch off time shifting. Once done and selecting another channel it works without switching off time shifting again. When I reboot I have to do it again, so I am not able to auto start up a radio stream when I switch on my HTPC.

NickF

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 04:18:55 am »

Hi Nick

What are your settings and which DVB-C card are you using. I can only play if I manual switch off time shifting. Once done and selecting another channel it works without switching off time shifting again. When I reboot I have to do it again, so I am not able to auto start up a radio stream when I switch on my HTPC.

Hi Fred,

I'm sorry if I have caused any confusion.  I am using DVB-T.  I assumed the 18.0.69 fix would apply to all tuner types.  I don't need any special settings.  I have scanned and set up the guide and I just play the Radio channel and it works.  Are you running 18.0.70?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 10:02:43 am »

No problem Nick,

And you helped me, I was on 69, loaded 70 and .........IT WORKS!

I can live with this black screen, double click brings me back to the MC GUI.

Thank you all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up