INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing playlist from Logitech Media Server (*.opml)  (Read 6612 times)

ortho

Importing playlist from Logitech Media Server (*.opml)
« on: November 17, 2012, 05:49:50 pm »

I'd like to import an old playlist of my favorites from Logitech Media Server. The format is *.opml. In the WIKI of JRiver I`ve seen that playlists with this format are supported but I can`t succeed. On another computer with JRiver I`ve already done this with success but can`t remember the way. Could someone help me please?

Kind regards

Holger

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Importing playlist from Logitech Media Server (*.opml)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 07:07:13 pm »

Your favorites opml file is in the LMS preferences folder, such as (I'm using Squeezebox Server, so adjust your path accordingly):

C:\Users\All Users\Squeezebox\prefs

The references inside the LMS opml playlist might be any of:

1. file references to your tracks
  2. URLs to radio stations
  3. LMS-specific album references, without a file path, e.g.:

<outline URL="db:album.titlesearch=The Hours" icon="html/images/albums.png" text="The Hours - Philip Glass" type="audio" />

Importing 1. and 2. can be done, but 3. won't convert directly.

What types does your opml file consist of, and how many entries does it contain?

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 07:18:44 pm »

I should include a workaround.

Open the Favorites in the LMS web interface.  Click the + in each item to include it in the Now Playing playlist.  Once all are included, you can save the Now Playing playlist to another playlist, such as "To Import to MC".  This playlist will be an m3u playlist, stored in the configured My Playlists folder for LMS.  You can directly import this into MC.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

ortho

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 05:35:44 am »

I should include a workaround.

Open the Favorites in the LMS web interface.  Click the + in each item to include it in the Now Playing playlist.  Once all are included, you can save the Now Playing playlist to another playlist, such as "To Import to MC".  This playlist will be an m3u playlist, stored in the configured My Playlists folder for LMS.  You can directly import this into MC.

That solved my problem. Thank you very much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up