INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP TouchPad/Android ICS: .PLA Playlist Not Recognized, Need .M3U Playlist  (Read 2607 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen

Hi

I have an HP TouchPAD running Android ICS. It can only mount as an MTP unless I do a hard reboot to USB mode. Hard reboot just to get into USB mode is time consuming so creating a new device is not an option (easy or desirable, but could be done).

None of the Android players that I have found appear to support the .PLA playlist format. I looked in the options and there is no way to change the Playlist file type or the location it is stored for syncing in the MTP mode.

I have confirmed I can export a playlist to M3U and have my player play it. It is a bit of a pain though because I have to look at the list of Playlist that I transferred then Open each one and remove the drive letter since the export option does not exist to remove this (seems to only show up in handhelds). I know one option might be for me to use create a fake device on my HD or on a USB drive then just copy/past to the HP. Again sort of a painful as if I want to "sync" I would have leave the duplicate copy on my fake device and delete everything on the HP each time I wanted to do a sync.

Are there a solution to this that I have overlooked?

What it appears I need is the option to have an M3U playlist that is created with out the drive letter for an MTP device.

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re: HP TouchPad/Android ICS: .PLA Playlist Not Recognized, Need .M3U Playlist
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:01:01 pm »

I forgot to mention that the .PLA playlists generated and transferred by MC17 had zero tracks in the file. The Android Player I am using is PowerAmp. It at least attempted to import the .PLA files but there are not any tracks in the .PLA playlist. Maybe this is the real problem not that I need to have a M3U playlist. I haven't found an Android music player yet that specifically says it supports the .PLA playlist. Power Amp doesn't show it as a supported file type but it did try to import it.

I saw a post from MC16 or earlier that someone had this problem with zero tracks in a .PLA playlist but there never was a resolution posted to that thread.

Laffer

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: HP TouchPad/Android ICS: .PLA Playlist Not Recognized, Need .M3U Playlist
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 10:03:51 am »

I am in the same boat, not just with the TouchPad but other devices too.

I find the lack of proper support for Android devices and playlist formats in MC shocking.  In this day and age all this seamless syncing should be a simple ask with an option for how you want playlists out putting/exported (standard, tuned or customised).  It should be seamless but I have to export .m3u playlists then manually edit them to suit the portable device.............  Ridiculous.

I love MC, but more and more think that a lot of the "devil in the detail" stuff that quite simply should be there, is not and is being ignored thus the user experience and satisfaction level (at least for me) is rapidly going down hill.  Another example of this is in the Theatre -> Gadgets -> Playing Now option.  A great mode but why leave all the white text on the screen to "burn" into your monitor/TV, a default 15 second fade makes so much more sense with text re-appearing on mouse movement.

I will always use/buy MC but it could be so much more than it actually is.

Laffer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up