INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost playlists... : (  (Read 1171 times)

CharlieM

Lost playlists... : (
« on: November 19, 2012, 03:56:11 am »

Hi,

Recently bought JRiver 17, spent days setting up playlists, something bugged out - JRiver kept crashing after one song play. Upgraded to Windows 8. Then upgraded to JRiver 18. Then all my playlists disappeared.

Very upset. Doubtful as to where to find them.

Any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Lost playlists... : (
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:00:21 am »

If you make a backup in MC17 (under File/Library), you can restore it in MC18.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 07:28:29 am »

Both MC17 and 18 should create automatic backups now and then. You can restore one of the latest to get your playlists back.
You'll find the location if you go to File -> Library -> Backup. This folder should contain a few backups, depending on how long you've used MC18 and how many times you've restarted MC.
Then you just have to do an Restore from File -> Library -> Restore and pick the newest file before the playlists disappeared.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 05:39:34 pm »

I'm facing kind of the same problem, except that my playlists (smart lists) are still there, but they've lost all their references to the files (FLAC/mp3) themselves, so of course they are now unusable. I can't even imagine the numbers of hours wasted.  :(

I know I can "just" restore an old backup, but really, this shouldn't be the answer. At least you could try to explain us why this is happening. Is it a bug or something related to a feature change? Or maybe a result of a crash?

I've been with you since MC12 (at least), and clearly MC18 is the least stable release until now. I can live with the frequent crashes and a Television feature that seems to live an unpredictable life on it's own, but when my library gets messed up it's really bad.

So sorry to rant. Really. But like CharlieM I'm "very upset".  >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up