INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to transfer flac and ape to gx2 EXTERNAL DEVICE as is/no conversion needed  (Read 2132 times)

8lior8707

• Recent member

I need to transfer a playlist which contain 900 audio files. some are flac others are ape and more formats.
how can i do that by sync the handle but with no conversion at all. (EVERY TIME I TRANSFER OR SYNC, MC CONVERT ALL TO MP3)
my android device GX2 can play all the formats natively. I DO NOT NEED ANY CONVERSION.
i am using mc 17.0.189
thank you.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

In the Handheld options (Tools > Options > Handheld > Conversion > Audio), set the Mode to Never Convert.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

8lior8707

• Recent member

i tried this before posting, i also tried all other 3 AUDIO MODE options. none of these options can deal with flac ape or wv .

the response when using never convert is "FILE NOT SUPPORTED" for all and every flac or ape or wv .
 when using  "always convert" it works perfect and all files previously were not supported, are now valid and mc convert every audio file to mp3.

btw what is the use of "convert unsupported format" and "convert unsupported format and high bitrates" ?

MrC

I think I'm confused as now - you wrote that you wanted no conversion, but yet it seems you require conversion since your device is unable to natively playback the formats in your library.

- Convert unsupported formats converts all tracks not in the specified format (exception) list.
- Convert unsupported format and high bitrates does the same, but also reduces the size of files that are, say, in a high-quality format, down to a lower quality with smaller size.

8lior8707

• Recent member

1. my device is samsung glaxy sII. this device is able to natively playback the formats in your library.
2. i try to sync the same playlist that contains  mp3 ape flac wv audio file with different options:
2a. if i sync with convert always - mc17.0.189 convert all to mp3 -  as i expected. i have no questions.
2b. if i sync with never convert - than i get a message :"none of the tracks can be transfered..................."
     and in the in the status raw,
     each of all the audio files that are not mp3, ie flac ape and wv, i get : "file not supported"

MrC

I see.  The specs show the device understands:

MP3, OGG, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB
    AMR-WB, WMA, WAV, MID, AC3, IMY, FLAC, XMF

so no APE.  Perhaps that's the problem?  If so, set to Convert only unsupported formats, and specify the file types that are supported that you are trying to sync:

mp3;flac;wv

(I'm not sure about the wv suffix - normally I think if .wav, so that may have troubles too - perhaps try without .wv files).

PS: I'm just a user like you, and am not a JRiver employee.

8lior8707

• Recent member

you are not ind write direction.
1/ gx2 support flac and ape and others
2/ i play flac and ape with no problem with win amp for android and others.
3/ since we agree that ape is supported - i can tell you that if i do the test i described b4 with just ape files , nothing become better or different
4 all i am asking is simple copy of my play lists. why the mc17 need to know in that case what is the format it copy (never convert)????

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd

Try and copy the file manually via explorer to the device and play it. Then you will know if MC is the issue or not.

8lior8707

• Recent member

i did copy the file manually via explorer to the device and played it - MC is the issue .
lets admit it we are talking about a bug.
that could be solved only by those how have the code. how can i address the problem to them ?

btw i checked all the "not supported format" feed back . it has no connection with the device but with list of formats that mc hold and can be changed by user.

Pages: [1]   Go Up