INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separate forum for feature requests?  (Read 765 times)

Grenache

• World Citizen
Separate forum for feature requests?
« on: November 28, 2012, 05:26:36 am »

Even if I watch the forum daily I'm hesitant to ask for new features or changes just to get the dreaded reply: "This feature has already been requested." I know it's best to keep the number of forums to a minimum (and I personally don't like that the TV-section has its own separate forum), but nonetheless: wouldn't it be better to have a separate forum for feature requests where each request could have its own thread?

The feature request thread for MC18 is now seven (7!) pages long, and it's no longer easy to check if something has already been requested or follow the discussion of individual requests.

Oh, and please do not reply to this with a "This has already been requested." ;D

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Separate forum for feature requests?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 08:40:18 am »

I HAS though :D

Personally I think that such a forum/sub forum would be to overwhelming. People would find it to be much less of an obstacle to throw out all the features they want in such a fourm, and it could be a bit problematic to actually get a good sense of what's really wanted by the crowd. In this forum it's toned down a bit. And I think that is good. Only feature requests would not be a good thing.

When such requests are mixed in with other stuff in this forum, it's sort of the most popular ones that stands out. The threads get mot views and more replies. And this is main forum, so that feature requests that are already in MC can quickly be sorted out, explained and abandoned. If a forum was only about feature requests I think that people would think much more about their own threads than commenting other peoples threads. It's also a high chance that some of the most experienced users would avoid such forums because of the constant "nagging" of new features. And that will again remove some very good discussions and insight in the software.

This is mostly theory of course, but I believe that at least parts of this would come true. And that would not be great for anyone.
My to cents..
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up