INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu Ray Playback Problems  (Read 1861 times)

manolo2001

• Recent member
Blu Ray Playback Problems
« on: December 11, 2012, 05:37:06 pm »

I began ripping my BR video library but tried to play the files on MC and all I get is an error, Failed to open or parse file (hr=0x80004005).  Does anyone know what is wrong with the ripped file or what is the error I'm getting, I would appreciate any help with this.

Manolo

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Blu Ray Playback Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 05:39:51 pm »

What type of files do you have?

We recommend ripping to a BDMV folder.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

manolo2001

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 05:44:11 pm »

Hi, yes it is a BDMV folder, and I just downloaded MC 18 and I still get the same error code.  The rip went fine, it just won't play back what it ripped.

Manolo

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 05:49:24 pm »

You will probably need a Blu-ray reader to allow playback from a BDMV folder.

More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Blu-ray#Requirements

However, if this is the error, I would have expected the program to report it nicely.  So please let us know if this could be it.

manolo2001

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 06:12:24 pm »

OK I went out and paid for Any DVD HD and it still won't read the file. I am ripping it using Any DVD Ripper and see if that makes a difference.  Will let you know.

I still get the same error code, and it is off a Blu Ray ripped by MC itself.  I tried changing the date on it as it was an error I got on JRiver Player for the iPad, but it just won't read the BDMV folder.  

Manolo

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 06:16:14 pm »

Can you play straight from the disc?

Could you try a couple discs?

manolo2001

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 06:17:54 pm »

Will try it as soon as I finish this rip and try that.  Will be back in 30 minutes or so to let you know ...

manolo2001

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 07:18:54 pm »

Ok the ripped Blu Ray plays fine, but I am missing the menus, I get them with DVDs but not with Blu Rays, is there some option I need to select to have the BR menus active ?  The other question I have is that after ripping many dvds and just now playing them to check for quality and errors, I noticed that some have aliasing issues, how can this be fixed, I know how to work it in Handbrake, that's when I'm converting them, but these are DVDs on the hard drive and not converted to anything, so how can I eliminate the aliasing ?  If I can get the Blu Ray menus up and eliminate the aliasing I'll be a very happy camper.

By the way I just deleted the BR file and am ripping a new one.  Also playing BR discs is fine, except for the menu.  Also there is no menu option when doing the playback, how can I go back to main menu and choose a scene ? I canīt see a go back to menu option for neither DVD or BR, also the files play from where I left them, how do I get them to play from the beginning when I want to do that ??

Thanks for the help and advice.

Manolo

manolo2001

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 09:06:00 am »

After some reading I now realize there are no BR menus on MC, I guess it is what it is, still I have two questions; how can I eliminate the aliasing in my DVD playback, and second how can I make the video playback start from the beginning again without having to play it and then moving the slider to the beginning ??

Oh,one last question, in the video files view options, how can I have say all my Iron Maiden videos show up as stacked and then choose the Artist and have it show all videos for that artist ??  I have added artist in tags and have separated them by genre as well, but I canīt seem to get the same view options as I get with audio files.  Where I can have multiple albums per artist and it stacks them, but in video I canīt get tit to display the same way.

Thanks !!

Manolo
Pages: [1]   Go Up