INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist Sorting Wrong  (Read 891 times)

1966 Triumph

• Recent member
Artist Sorting Wrong
« on: December 17, 2012, 03:30:59 am »

Hello, I tried a search on this but couldn't find anything closely related.  I imported my music into Media Center 18 and I have The Beatles Remastered in .flac and for some reason Media Center split up the artist as "Beatles" for some albums and "The Beatles" for others and so I have 2 artists where there should only be "The beatles".

Media Center even split up The White Album with disc one as "Beatles" and disc two as "The Beatles" and then Past Masters I as "Beatles" and Past Masters II as "The Beatles" as well.

When I go into the tags (under artists) they all say "The Beatles" ... how do I get them all to fall under one artist "The Beatles"?  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Artist Sorting Wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 03:37:29 am »

welcome...  :)

look for the 'album artist' tag. i guess that there you find the differences. i would just clean them.

:)
gab

1966 Triumph

• Recent member
Re: Artist Sorting Wrong
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 03:43:05 am »

Thanks ... Yes you are correct!  I just learned how to expand the Tag catagories and found the culprit!  For some reason some were tagged as just Beatles ... I was able to click on the "Beatles" catagory as a whole (rather than each individual album) and change the "Album Artist Tag" for the whole group in one easy shot!  This grouped them all together as a whole.

Apprecicate your input!
Pages: [1]   Go Up