INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output Dolby digital to the coax SPDIF. Change from 5.1 to stereo issue.  (Read 3194 times)

jsprop

• Recent member

At one time I had the audio setup on the HTPC to output Dolby digital to the coax SPDIF.   It would change from 5.1 to stereo depending on the content playing.  Now that I moved to MC I can’t seem to get this to work like I had with WMC.  The  receiver  is seeing 5.1 all the time.   I’m I missing something?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

You'll have to setup two zones if you want different settings for different content.

MC18's ZoneSwitch feature might help:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76605.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jon Marriage

Hi jsprop,

I've been having a similar problem but found a quick basic solution. I want everything to automatically update when I switch from playing a stereo music file (FLAC outputting at 24bit 96kHz) to a DVD in Dolby Digital 5.1. My amp (Arcam Diva 280) briefly flashes up what it is receiving.

I'm using MC17

I already had everything working fine for stereo audio but ran into problems when trying to get surround sound from a DVD.

I had the Output Format in DSP studio set to output all files as 96kHz and 24 bit, I'd been messing about with the Channels section and ran into problems until I reset it back to "Source number of channels". I then needed to set Tools/Options/Video/Bit-streaming to S/PDIF rather than None(recommended).

nebulo

I had the same problem with my UFX.  I've written to the rme service who eventually told me to ship the card to a repair center.  The repaur center told me to ship it to a music store wich will ship it to them.  Minimal cost 15-$ dollarss just to diagnose.  Plus the fixing plus the shipping plus labour you average a price of 600$.  So I've  made my research on forums and found out that a lot of people have the same issue and there is some solutions.  I also have a rme firewire 800 wich I changed the power suplly a couple years ago (what another power supply problem?).  So I placed that PS in my UFX and BINGO!  I think that in most of cases you see everything moving on your UFX but no sound out, try the power supply.  They sale the unit for about 150 dollars on rme site wich is way less than a new UFX card.  But its a shame that RME won't recognize they have a design problem with their power supply.  They all will eventually break!!! (I've know to much persons who had the same problem) I've talk to a former representative in canada and he told me that RME knows about this issue but they will just pretend they don't.  Don't get me wrong,  I love my UFX more then my FW800 and more than a lot of sound card on the market.  But when you pay more than 2k for a soundcard it would be nice they would offer a replacement card for way less money,  knowing that its their fault.  Especially when we all know that those power supply costs a couple of box to broduce. Good luck all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up