INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't enable JRiver Server  (Read 1424 times)

gpelts

• Recent member
Can't enable JRiver Server
« on: December 31, 2012, 10:45:23 pm »

I'm new to JRiver. I installed it on my HTPC and sync'ed music from MediaMonkey and movies from MyMovies with its Main Library. I'm now trying to control it with the JRiver Media Center remote (iPad) but can't get the iPad remote app to connect. It looks like the JRiver Upnp server isn't enabled. However, clicking on Tools > Options does not do anything (i.e. doesn't bring up a dialog/window which would allow me to select further options). How do I enable JRiver's server? (This is the second day I'm using it in the trial mode)
Thanks,
Greg

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't enable JRiver Server
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:34:07 pm »

If Tools/Options has no result, there is something wrong on your hardware.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 11:59:55 pm »

I don't think JRemote will see the J River uPNP server (DNLA, *I think*).

For JRemote to work, you need to enable the J River Media Server (Tools > Advanced Tools > Media server).

If you want the server to run on System startup, you need to enable this under Options > Startup

When the server is running, it runs, by default, on port 53000, and you need to enter the internal IP address, plus port number, of the server into JRemote settings on the ipad. For example, 192.168.0.10:53000

If that doesn't help you, you will need to post more details about your setup and the steps/settings you have taken so far.

If you are not using JRemote on your iPad, could you let us know which iPad app you are using by linking to the appropriate thread in the third party plugins forum.

-marko

gpelts

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 09:19:08 am »

Thanks. I finally got both the Tools > Advanced Tools > Media Server and Tools > Options windows to appear. I didn't find the problem but after rebooting the machine a few times and restarting JRiver's Media Center, those menu items started working.

The default port for JRemote seems to be 52199. In order to get the JRemote to connect to the server I had to check the "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA" option under Tools > Options > Media Network

Thanks for the help.
Happy New Year!
Greg

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 10:12:19 am »

The default port for JRemote seems to be 52199
You are quite correct! I always change the defaults, so 53000 is the default for me, which I'll need to change now that I've told you all!

Glad you're up and running, thanks for letting us know, and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Matt,
Not sure if there's something amiss somewhere, but that's the second recent mention of missing options. The other was with the burn CD options window. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up