INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BluRay + Linked Audio Zones = Excessive CPU Usage  (Read 1132 times)

dennismf

• Recent member
BluRay + Linked Audio Zones = Excessive CPU Usage
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:55:18 pm »

If I play a BluRay disc with normal audio settings, my media center machine uses about 45% CPU and plays well. I recently tried using two linked audio zones. These work well with normal SD and audio only content. When I tried a BluRay disk the CPU usage went to 100% and the machine became basically unusable; until I managed to stop the disk playback. I did a few tests to confirm that unlinking the audio zones rectified the problem.

The machine is a VAIO notebook with Centrino Duo processor. It is about 3.5 years old.

This is not causing me any real grief. I thought this info may be useful.  MC is a great product and all who work on it have good reason to be proud.

Dennis MF

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: BluRay + Linked Audio Zones = Excessive CPU Usage
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:00:29 pm »

Linking zones is really only useful for audio.  Ideally the program should message this, but it doesn't currently.

If you link zones and play video, the video gets played in each zone at the same time.  As you found, this takes a lot of processing power.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dennismf

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:10:03 pm »

I was trying linked audio as the rest of my family complain about my "complex" TV setup. I was trying to get MC to play audio through the TV HDMI connection when the amplifiers are turned off without the need to manipilate MC audio settings. It worked well for all except BluRay.

I am not asking for a fix. I did think the dramatic CPU increase MAY be an indication of other issues. I am quite happy with MC as it is.

Thanks

Dennis M-F

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:38:55 pm »

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up