INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need To Setup A WiFi Network With Airport Express To Control JRiver On My PC  (Read 1458 times)

rsvp

• Recent member

Hi, forgive the n00b issue, but I installed JRiver on my PC and need to control it via WiFi with my iPhone and iPad. 

I need to travel with my computer and need to take create a WiFi network wherever I go to control JRiver.  For some reason, I can't get a stand alone Airport Express to work.  If I get both the PC and the iPhone on the regular home network, no problems.  But when I get them both on the network created on the Airport, the iPhone/iPad won't connect to JRiver.  Both devices say their on the Airport's network.  The Airport is configured via the iPad app to create a new network. 

Any suggestions?  Is the Airport even supposed to be able to do this?

Should I just go buy a normal router?

Thanks!

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe

Which app are you using on the iDevices to control JRiver?

Some routers can't propagate UPnP broadcast messages.

rsvp

• Recent member

Which app are you using on the iDevices to control JRiver?

Some routers can't propagate UPnP broadcast messages.

Ah, good question, thank you.  I'm using both My River and JRemote.  Is the UPnP issue true of Airport Express?  As I said, they both work fine on the home network, presently a Netgear router.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe

Ah, it's not actually as I thought then. I had problems with UPnP control points on the iPad, they couldn't see the DLNA server in the MC PC, even though they were otherwise on the same network. I changed the router, I've not got a Netgear and it's fine.

But they may still be an issue with the Airport not behaving as a "true" router, as you suspect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up