INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Analyze Audio From A Client  (Read 1223 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Can't Analyze Audio From A Client
« on: January 04, 2013, 06:05:50 pm »

I'm trying to burn an audio cd from a Client. I want to do volume leveling for the tracks to be burned. The first step is to Analyze Audio but this does not seem to be allowed from a Client. This may be by design, but it does mean that we wont be able to burn our audio CDs from our Clients.

Can anything be done about this? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: Can't Analyze Audio From A Client
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 07:26:43 pm »

Bump.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 03:47:41 pm »

This may be by design, but it does mean that we wont be able to burn our audio CDs from our Clients.

My standard approach is having MC fully "analyze" every single track prior to addition (or upon addition) to the library - thereby reliving "clients" from even having to worry about it.

You should however - be able to burn a disc using "analyzed" files from a client as per normal?

Not sure why you would have (or want) "un-analyzed" tracks floating around in your library - but I am open to understanding why that might be.

Cheers,

VP

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:36:09 pm »

My standard approach is having MC fully "analyze" every single track prior to addition (or upon addition) to the library - thereby reliving "clients" from even having to worry about it.

You should however - be able to burn a disc using "analyzed" files from a client as per normal?

Not sure why you would have (or want) "un-analyzed" tracks floating around in your library - but I am open to understanding why that might be.

Cheers,

VP

Hi VP,

Thanks for you response. I think your approach of analyzing every track as they get added to your library is a good one. I will probably soon do that to my entire library and to new additions.

That said the volume differences have rarely been a problem for us as we mostly listen to full albums at one time, as opposed to Playlists that contain tracks from different albums. However Sandra is starting to make quite a few Playlists now so the leveling will help there.

So back to my original issue and that is I can select a group of tracks on our HTPC (server) and analyze Audio, but I cannot do this from a Client.

It does prevent making volume leveled CDs from a Client unless ones entire library is volume leveled.

I am trying to find out if JRiver wants it this way by design for some reason? If not it would seem an easy change to allow it from a Client.

Rod

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:27:30 pm »

So back to my original issue and that is I can select a group of tracks on our HTPC (server) and analyze Audio, but I cannot do this from a Client.

Most likely by design and probably a technical thing since when MC does "analyze audio" it actually opens and writes replay gain data to the audio file itself - not just to the library - so I can see how this may not work from a client - since you are not really interacting with physical files - just a set of pointers to as "served" to you via Media Server.

I am sure Matt or someone can clarify.

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up