INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enhancement Request: Download files uing the Windows context menu  (Read 685 times)

drhyoung

• Recent member

The MC18 Windows context menu (right mouse click) is extensive, but to me it appears that it misses one item - "Download".

As my workaround, with help from a couple of forum members, I created a workaround that involves replacing the CDlabeler.exe program that is accessible on the context menu. My program uses a web GET to download the current/focussed image or music file to the \Downloads folder on the PC currently logged on to. As a shortcut to run the program I have created a Custom Resources.xml file so I can avoid too many mouse clicks to the CDlabeler context menu item and instead just use Ctrl-Shift-d to download.

In our house, we use Download from MC18 to extract photos for email/posting to friends.

Would anyone else find a Download command useful?

David

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Enhancement Request: Download files uing the Windows context menu
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 12:42:00 pm »

Probably best to bump or link that thread, as it provides context into how you are using the command and your requirements.  Your request sounded familiar, but I had to search your posts to find it to remind myself that you wanted this in Theater View and on MC libraries clients too (I think).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up