INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Call To the Forum: Getting ready for MC on the HTPC - Connections n stuff...  (Read 1387 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

Morning,

Gonna start my very first HTPC build later today and wanted some insight into best connection practices when using this new rig for audio and now - our movie playback. We have never using MC in the "big room" for movies - so I want be sure I get this right. Here's what the HT hardware situation looks like as of now:

1. Samsung 42 inch HD TV
2. Pioneer Elite A/V receiver (used for center/sub/rears and ALL multichannel listening)
3. Creek EVO 5350 2 channel integrated (has A/V passthru - used for fronts (2 channel listening) and powers the fronts via Pioneer preamp out for multichannel)
4. Oppo BDP-83 (BluRay/SACD etc)
5. Dune Smart D1 (to be transferred upstairs once HTPC is installed)
6. Pace HD set top cable box.
7. Music Hall 25.2 DAC (to be reintroduced once HTPC is installed - more below)

Connections

Single HDMI out of Pioneer Elite to HDMI in on Samsung (handles all HD video)
Oppo, Pace and Dune -> Pioneer Elite via HDMI in (for multichannel audio and HDMI video).
Oppo Analog out -> Creek Evo In (For 2 channel CD listening)

Now - since I am essentially removing the Dune and replacing it with the HTPC - does the following make the most sense?

1. HDMI out of HTPC (Intel HD 4000 graphics) to HDMI In on the Pioneer Elite (for all multichannel MKV video from MC)
2. SPDIF optical out of HTPC to Optical In on Music Hall 25.2 DAC (for all 2 channel audio from MC)
3. Analog RCA out from Music Hall to Creek EVO analog in.

Then set up a "zone" in MC for movie playback and another for two channel audio playback (FLAC).

Appreciate any input on best practices here - given what I have to work with.

Cheers!

VP

Pages: [1]   Go Up