INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "The media types of the selected files are not supported for playback. (<none>)"  (Read 2520 times)

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi,

I'm getting this error when trying to open MKV-files externally via Windows Explorer. When I drag the file into the playlist it plays just fine (though I did get a "Adding required components" message now and then).

The file type association is set to "Yes" and "Automatic". It would be great if someone would know how to fix this.

Regards, JK

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck

Wow, this get's down quickly... Lot's of activity in the forum, which is always a good thing! Noone that came across my problem though?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Why not play from within MC, instead of Explorer?

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck

Because I would have to import the videos before playing them, wouldn't I? I'd rather skip this step as I tend to watch movies once and then delete them (which I would do in Explorer again).

So is this issue known? Is there no fix for this? I wonder if it's just me, but I think it's a rather annoying bug as opening files from an external program is something that I would expect to work from any kind of software.

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck

Noone else experiencing this issue? Is there a log file I could post to help you analyze it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Sorry, but this isn't a common problem so we're not a lot of help.

Are you using Red October Standard in Options > Video?  If not, please see if that helps.

Also, if you drag the file into a playlist, what's in the 'Media Type' column (right-click the column header to show additional columns)?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi Matt!

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late response, but I've been away for work. I did get back yesterday, updated Media Center and suddenly opening files from Explorer worked again. Don't know if you changed something, but thanks anyways! I will get back to you should the problem occur again.

Regards, JK

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck

OK, the problem still persists, but it seems that only some MKVs are involved. I will try to find out what the cause could be and let you know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up