INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replay Gain  (Read 887 times)

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
Replay Gain
« on: January 28, 2013, 12:17:11 am »

Hi
My ape files are tagged with replay gain and looks like this, (from instructions from matt)

'REPLAY GAIN (RADIO)' with a value of e.g. '-10.55'

JRiver doesn't read/display this information directly from ape file tags, only will display if JRiver has analysed and put the information in it's data base does it only display. FLAC and even wav replay work fine.

I've brought this up before, but not getting any help other than email dBpoweramp. I do believe it is JRiver bug. I'm a paid supporter of JRiver since version 15, it would great if someone could look into this.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Replay Gain
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:33:25 am »

I just tested a few old APE files (tagged with MC14 and MC15) and a newly created file (tagged with MC17). MC18 had no difficulty in reading the Replay Gain tags. The JRiver programs have always used the same old proprietary "Replay Gain (radio)" and "Peak Level" tag fields inside the physical APE files.

However, if you have analyzed the files outside MC and some other application wrote the Replay Gain tags, the tag format is probably different and unfortunately MC cannot read the tags. Most other programs write the "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN" and "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK" tag fields.

A similar compatibility problem with the MP3, FLAC and Vorbis tags was fixed years ago. From time to time I have suggested fixing also the APE tagging system (Monkey's Audio, Wavpack, and Musepack use the APEv2 tag format).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Replay Gain
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 09:01:37 am »

@Blaine78
Please do not start multiple threads about the same topic:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77485.msg526691#msg526691

As stated there, we follow the APE spec.  We may support software that does not, but I can't say when this might happen.

Closing this duplicate thread now.

@AlexB
It's great to see you around!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up