INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DTS Music and DVD-A rips will Only play in 2ch  (Read 1650 times)

chill138

DTS Music and DVD-A rips will Only play in 2ch
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:54:03 am »

Hi Everyone,
I am new here and have an issue. Surprise, surprise.
I have searched around and have not found an answer that works for me.
So this is the problem. When I try to play a DVD- Audio rip or DTS music rip I get an error message telling me that Playback could not be started using the format: 48kHz 24bit 6ch. This format would work 48kHz 24bit 2ch.
Now that being said I have tried numerous combinations of output and DSP settings. Even stranger is that all of my video files in DTS or DD work perfectly. I know it is something silly that I am missing,but what.
Any help would be great. As far as what I am using here it is.
MC18
nVidia GeForce 8600 GT
Realtek High Definition Audio
Using HDMI out to Integra DTR 6.9 AVR
Thanks in advance.

shrike645

• Recent member
Re: DTS Music and DVD-A rips will Only play in 2ch
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:54:53 pm »

I'd check to see that you have the latest HD audio driver. I had the same problem with the driver that came with Win 8.

chill138

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 03:16:33 pm »

I have been looking into this and I have updated all drivers and still no luck. When I go in to sound from control panel and try to configure the HDMI output the only option is 2 channel. I've read on other sites that installing the ATI driver instead of Realtek will fix this, but I've read nothing about a nvidia audio driver. And still the fact that I get DTS while watching a movie file really throws me for a loop.

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:29:05 pm »

Try looking at the EDID that the HDMI of the video card is getting from the integra. Windows will look at the EDID table ( basically the list of video modes and audio modes that your stuff can handle ) during the handshake at boot up time. If the integer is reporting only 2ch at 48khz then that is the only option it will show in the audio control panel.

Sometimes receivers have a 'passthrough' mode and will pass on the EDID of your TV rather than it's own EDID and since TVs can only usually do 2Ch it may be restricting your options.

A useful tool is moninfo.exe which will tell you exactly what the EDID is telling your PCabout the downstream capabilities.

May be a red herring, but worth a shot. If you find that the EDID is wrong then sometimes you can spoof it.

SBR

HDMI is a nightmare!

chill138

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 04:12:23 pm »

Thanks Sandy B Ridge. I will try this tonight, I didn't even think of a possible EDID problem. I've ran into problems with EDID using HDMI baluns in the past and know some work arounds.

chill138

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 07:22:05 pm »

It was worth a try but all looks good as far as what audio is accepted by the Integra. Moninfo is an awesome tool though. Thanks for that. Still searching for a solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up