INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: last.fm duplicate entries  (Read 3534 times)

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck
last.fm duplicate entries
« on: February 09, 2013, 06:08:13 am »

Hi,

I just found out that the last.fm scrobbler in Media Center generates duplicate entries, but I have no idea why. I do listen to the tracks via DLNA, but I haven't found an option to configure last.fm settings at the server, so I guess that shouldn't be an issue.

Have a look at http://www.lastfm.de/user/jk82/tracks. Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards, JK

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: last.fm duplicate entries
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 06:36:50 am »

First, make sure that you have not enabled scrobbling in both MC and the DLNA device you are playing to.

Even if scrobbling is not enabled on the DLNA device there are situations where you can get duplicate scrobbles from MC. This is a known issue. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

If scrobbling can be enabled on the DLNA device you are playing to, you might want to try to disable scrobbling in MC in the meantime.

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 08:15:15 am »

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately my receiver doesn't enable last.fm scrobbling so it shouldn't be the issue. Do you know what causes the duplicate entries?

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 09:32:21 am »

Can you describe your setup a little more, JK? Are you playing from the server or a client machine? Which version of MC are you using?

I scrobble a LOT using JRiver and never have an issue with duplicate entries, unless a 3rd party application or device is involved.

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 10:20:02 am »

Sure! I'm using the latest version (18.0.129) and am playing from a server to different devices (two receivers and a HTPC client). I don't have any 3rd party applications regarding last.fm installed. When I start playing a song it says "scrobbling now via JRiver Media Center" (or so) on my last.fm user page, and when the song ends, it produces a duplicate entry.

This doesn't seem to happen when I skip the song, and it seems that it didn't happen for the last songs that I played, but then again there could be a delay in the upload (see http://www.lastfm.de/user/jk82/tracks).

vagskal

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 11:31:56 am »

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately my receiver doesn't enable last.fm scrobbling so it shouldn't be the issue. Do you know what causes the duplicate entries?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73963.msg508362#msg508362

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:48:21 am »

Thanks! So this has been know for some time now but not been addressed yet?

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55:58 am »

Still have no idea what could cause this... And it's getting stranger every day. Take a look at this list:

Code: [Select]
Yeasayer – Mondegreen 10. Feb., 18:28
Yeasayer – Grizelda 10. Feb., 18:28
Yeasayer – Strange Reunions 10. Feb., 18:23
Yeasayer – Mondegreen 10. Feb., 18:23
Yeasayer – Rome 10. Feb., 18:20
Yeasayer – Love Me Girl 10. Feb., 18:16
Yeasayer – O.N.E. 10. Feb., 18:11
Yeasayer – O.N.E. 10. Feb., 18:06
Yeasayer – I Remember 10. Feb., 18:06
Yeasayer – Madder Red 10. Feb., 18:02
Yeasayer – Ambling Alp 10. Feb., 17:57
Yeasayer – The Children 10. Feb., 17:53
Yeasayer – The Children 10. Feb., 17:49

Some are duplicates, some not... Although I did listen to the album in a whole and didn't skip any track. Interesting!

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 07:07:43 am »

-JK-, I finally got hit by this problem as well. I'm getting double scrobbles when playing to my JRiver Id box, which is basically a DLNA renderer.

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 11:51:59 am »

-JK-, I finally got hit by this problem as well. I'm getting double scrobbles when playing to my JRiver Id box, which is basically a DLNA renderer.

Yeah, I still have that as well, and I just checked: only the songs that have been played to the end are duplicate, the songs I skipped only show up once (though they shouldn't show up at all, I guess). Can anyone track this problem down?
Pages: [1]   Go Up