INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISO Playback  (Read 1008 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
ISO Playback
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:58:26 am »

Hello, I recently purchased MC18 after seeing a demo of how slick the UI was, and how good the integration is with JRemote on the iPad, even though I thought my current system was fine. (rip to ISO, view all films in Windows Libraries, mount ISO and play in MPC-HC)
After having spent a bit of time figuring things out, I'm now thinking that it would be suitable for a whole-home media server, rather than just running it on a single HTPC as I am now. (I thought I was done with attempting to get that working well with NAS devices & DLNA etc.)

I'm still getting the hang of organizing my library, but am having a few issues with playback. The biggest issue is autoplay. I have multiple drives on my PC, and any time I insert a disc, MC automatically starts playing it.

Is there any way to limit access so that it only starts playing from a specific drive? (i.e. the virtual drive the ISO files are being mounted to) If I disable autoplay, then hitting "play" on anything in my library just mounts the ISO file, rather than starting playback. I would rather not do any kind of conversions as I have a large library and would prefer to leave everything as ISO files.

gappie

Re: ISO Playback
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:03:49 am »

under tools>options>cd, dvd you can set autoplay options.

:)
gab

sorry> missed a part of your question.. was awake much too early this morning  :-[

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:23:21 am »

under tools>options>cd, dvd you can set autoplay options.

:)
gab

sorry> missed a part of your question.. was awake much too early this morning  :-[
No problem, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

While it's not an ideal solution (ideally, MC would mount to a specific virtual drive, and only start playback when it mounted the image, rather than it happening externally) having per-drive Autoplay options would work.

Having a global setting means I either lose the ability to start ISO playback (which is probably 90% of my media) via JRemote, or MC will interrupt whatever it was doing and start playback any time I insert a disc.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:26:45 pm »

Something else that would be nice: having DVDs stop playback when they finish, rather than return to the menus. (actually, not having the menus show up at all when you start playback would be even nicer)

And having the option to automatically eject (unmount) the image when playback is stopped would be really nice too. Again, a per-drive option would be even nicer, so that physical discs don't eject when finished/stopped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up