INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver with jremote  (Read 1661 times)

rick57

• Recent member
JRiver with jremote
« on: February 11, 2013, 04:22:04 am »

I'm pretty sure of the answer, but to  be certain, when using this combination, if you switch the iPad to another application, does the music keep 'playing'?

The reason I ask is when using YouTube (for the music rather than the video), and I go to even just another web page, the sound stops. While I mention that, is there a way to change a setting so that the music keeps streaming in? I just have Safari, but maybe Chrome or another browser eg Firefox could work on an iPad, and allow this?

Thank you

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver with jremote
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:29:47 am »

You could try asking in the JRemote thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68491.0.  But from my experience, the playlist continues functioning.  I assume JRemote, being a remote control for JRiver rather than being a controller itself, simply creates and manipulates the JRiver playlist, so it's your installation of JRiver that holds the playlist and is controlling whatever device is rendering the music.  However, if you're talking about playing the music on the iPad itself as opposed to the PC that JRiver is installed on or an external renderer, then I'm not sure as it is then JRemote and the iPad that are playing the music, not JRiver.

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:48:37 am »

JRemote plays in the background. I am typing this in atomic browser on the ipad right now while jremote is playing in the background.

rick57

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:18:18 am »

Thanks guys, makes sense
Pages: [1]   Go Up