INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: General UPnP Issues on Nexus 7  (Read 1570 times)

spiritian

• Recent member
General UPnP Issues on Nexus 7
« on: February 17, 2013, 12:17:52 pm »

Hi!

When I use the default Gizmo app on my Nexus 7 it takes quite a while to buffer and stutters. So I used an app called bubbleupnp to steam the video from gizmo to another app called BSplayer (I know, a lot of variables here). Here's the strange part:

So, my video was all working really, really well with this setup until recently. Recently, when I try to stream video at all from my media server to my Nexus 7, some videos will stutter and get about 15 frames, others will play perfectly smoothly with no issue. I thought it might be a streaming resolution size issue; it isn't. I noticed that many of the problem files do have Mp4 audio, and was wondering if that was the issue.

If there is more information I can give to help narrow the problem down, or if this is a general issue, please let me know. Also, I really like the library GUI for the default Gizmo app; is updating streaming speed a priority, or is it not considered to be a big issue right now?

Thank you for your time.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: General UPnP Issues on Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 10:19:33 am »

Do you have any idea in which build you started seeing problems? What update stream are you on?
Finally, I don't know how old your Gizmo is but at one point we introduced audio and video quality settings in the Gizmo options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up