INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with cuesheet (.cue) audio files -persists  (Read 2519 times)

psam

• World Citizen
Problem with cuesheet (.cue) audio files -persists
« on: February 17, 2013, 04:38:27 pm »

I guess that new versions of MC are expected soon, so once again , can the MC team PLEASE get the CUE files play properly on MC?
The transition from the first track to the next has been fixed but two more bugs are still bugging me:
1) Auto import , imports the album tracks as well as the single .flac/.ape/.wv file. This single huge file should not be imported if the tracks are imported.
2) Many CUE files are not imported properly. Instead of say 11 individual tracks, I am getting the same track 11 times.

http://postimage.org/image/7a8et8f91/

All of these files are being imported with no problems from foobar as well as other software...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with cuesheet (.cue) audio files -persists
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 11:37:31 pm »

I'd have to check the build logs, but I believe this problem was addressed in a recent beta build.  If I'm remembering wrong, Matt commented on one of the threads about it that he was on it.  Patience, grasshopper.  ;) ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 02:21:48 am »

I've reported similar issues before. I've not tested it with any recent builds though.

Could you try something? Asuming the CUE sheets are correct and work in another program; can you open it in Notepad and change the name of the file to a short name without spaces and rename the ape/flac/wv file to reflect this change? Remove the import from MC and try reimporting it.

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 04:58:43 am »

I've reported similar issues before. I've not tested it with any recent builds though.

Could you try something? Asuming the CUE sheets are correct and work in another program; can you open it in Notepad and change the name of the file to a short name without spaces and rename the ape/flac/wv file to reflect this change? Remove the import from MC and try reimporting it.
Thanx for the suggestion.

I am not at home right now so I cannot test it, but I am pretty sure this is not the case. I have seen the same problem with filenames of type "CDImage.ape".

No spaces or funny characters...

On the other hand, removing the import and reimporting each subfolder with a CUE problem is not so easy. It has to be carried out manually over many different folders.

The proper way to fix this would be to fix it during Auto Import.

This is when MC updates its library for moved folders, deleted albums etc.

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 05:00:24 am »

I'd have to check the build logs, but I believe this problem was addressed in a recent beta build.  If I'm remembering wrong, Matt commented on one of the threads about it that he was on it.  Patience, grasshopper.  ;) ;D
Thanx for the info, I'll wait until the next build.
Was Matt on both problems by the way?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 05:08:57 am »

On the other hand, removing the import and reimporting each subfolder with a CUE problem is not so easy. It has to be carried out manually over many different folders.

The proper way to fix this would be to fix it during Auto Import.

This is when MC updates its library for moved folders, deleted albums etc.

You can always remove something manually from MC without touching the physical files on disk. Delete them from MC and choose not to delete the files from disk. Then choose Tools/Import and select to import a single folder. Browse to the CUE location and re-import it. The only thing (I can't test it right now) to keep in mind is the setting that ignores previously removed files, you may need to disable that setting temporarily (its under auto-import settings). But then again, it may not apply to a manual import, I'm not sure.

Obviously you would only test this with a single CUE and not with every one you have a problem with. But as you say you already have some with simple filenames (no spaces etc) then its probably something else.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 10:43:58 am »

There were two CUE related changes recently (I checked), but the builds aren't public yet.  It includes the embedded CUE thing that was part of kstuart's finds, and it had to do with improper importing, so it might be worth waiting for the new build before you mess with it much.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 12:30:08 pm »

There were two CUE related changes recently (I checked), but the builds aren't public yet.  It includes the embedded CUE thing that was part of kstuart's finds, and it had to do with improper importing, so it might be worth waiting for the new build before you mess with it much.
glynor - you have a PM.

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 02:18:14 pm »

Well, as long as somebody is looking into these problems I can only wait...
I'm just trying to get some attention by the developers...
CUE files have been causing me significant problems since I upgraded from MC17 to MC18 and I really believe they are not so tough to fix...
Actually one of the two remaining problems had been fixed in a previous release but then it reemerged!

kstuart

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 06:12:02 pm »

I will wait and see what future builds bring, but with 129...

I have now noticed the problem reported above by psam, where the entire FLAC is added as one big CD-length track in addition to the individual tracks.

I continue to have odd problems involving the highest numbered track, when using a CUE file OR an embedded  CUE sheet:

- When the folder has a CUE file and individual FLAC files, the highest numbered track will have its tag information imported from the CUE file and every other file will get its tag information imported from the tag fields.   This is only noticeable if they are different, of course.   I had to go through my entire library and add a suffix of ".file" to every cue file that was "extraneous", i.e. in the same folder with individual tagged files (present only for the purpose of burning an Audio CD).

- Now I find that when a single FLAC file has an embedded CUE file, sometimes the highest numbered track will have its duration set to the duration of the entire CD.  When this occurs, there is also another track that represents the album as a whole (similar to what is reported above by psam).  So, playing the album would play it almost three times.

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 01:07:42 pm »

No fixes on version 136...
I guess I have to keep posting until somebody from the MC team can't stand my complaints and has a look at it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 01:24:16 pm »

Please provide a sample CUE file if there's one still causing trouble.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 01:42:03 pm »

Thanks.
I have just posted a Printscreen image showing problem #2 along with its CUE file in the .136 version thread.

This is another CUE file sample, with the problem #1.
Along with tracks 1-10, which are properly imported, I am also getting the containing flac file in the library , with a duration of 42:37

Thank you

REM GENRE "Funk / Soul / Rhythm & Blues / Disco / Pop"
REM DATE 1974
REM DISCID 5D09FD0A
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v1.0b3"
PERFORMER "Stevie Wonder"
TITLE "Fulfillingness' First Finale"
FILE "Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness' First Finale.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Smile Please"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Heaven Is 10 Zillion Light Years Away"
    INDEX 01 03:28:27
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Too Shy To Say"
    INDEX 01 08:30:67
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Boogie On Reggae Woman"
    INDEX 01 11:58:67
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Creepin'"
    INDEX 01 16:56:15
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "You Haven't Done Nothin'"
    INDEX 00 21:17:20
    INDEX 01 21:18:72
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "It Ain't No Use"
    INDEX 01 24:41:50
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "They Won't Go When I Go"
    INDEX 01 28:42:42
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Bird Of Beauty"
    INDEX 01 34:41:37
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Please Don't Go"
    INDEX 01 38:29:72

kstuart

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 02:31:06 pm »

Thanks.
He is referring to CUE import, not Range Playback.

Thanks for fixing the Range Playback, and for removing the unnecessary FILE check in Embedded CUE sheets.

Pages: [1]   Go Up