INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: network remote  (Read 854 times)

• Recent member
network remote
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:40:07 am »

Hi all.  I had previously setup network remote on an older laptop, quite a few months back.  Now I am trying to set it up on my new laptop and I can't remember how it is done, URGH!!!

The type of remote I am trying to do is where the laptop controls the main music computer.  I have JRiver18 loaded on both.

The laptop has no music files on it.  I can see the music library of the main computer.  When I play a song it plays on the laptop, not the main computer where I want it to play.

The remote is actually working in reverse.  From the main computer I can see the song is playing.  When I stop it from there it stops the song on the laptop too.

I looked up the DNLA setting but it's just way over my head.  I can't believe I forgot how to do this. ?

Help!

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: network remote
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 11:57:17 am »

Under playing now select the zone you want. Then select the music etc you want to play. Simples....

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:16:18 pm »

Thanks!  That did remind me a bit.  Still no go tho.  Could you give it to me from the top?  I have played with alot of settings and I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Seem to remember there was a good tutorial I followed, but I can't seem to find it.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 02:04:43 pm »

This? http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server

You can leave the DLNA settings alone (turn off DLNA server, renderer etc), when installations of JRiver talk to each other they do it via Library Server not via DLNA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up