INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Fonts; scaling?  (Read 1901 times)

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View Fonts; scaling?
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:40:16 am »

Is there any way to force the fonts to scale within a theater view skin?
All other items are scaled according to % of view, but fonts are static?

It seems daft that in theatre view the same size font is used regardless of screen resolution (e.g. @1920x1080; all looks great but @1024x600; each word takes 20% of the screen!
I know there is an option to do this external to the skin, but it seems to me this option should be a post-skin scaling, and that inside the skin itself fonts should scale as per all other items.

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View Fonts; scaling?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:32:59 pm »

Use ctrl + mousewhell ;)
i use a 1360/768 resolution and font decrease or increase with the other stuff.

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 05:39:54 am »

Thanks for the reply, I'd never found that shortcut before; I like it.

But I should have been more specific in that I was looking for a way to do it in the skin definition.

Font set at 100% is the same static size regardless of screen resolution, so on a tiny resolution screen the rollers are massive unless you crank the % down.

What I was looking for is a way to specify that 100% font is actually proportional to the screen vertical resolution rather than a static font size.
And then use larger, smaller et al in the same way you can in CSS to have relative proportional text.

No biggie, thanks all the same.

kurushi

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:51:12 am »

I don't know if it's possible but i don't know why u want this?
You can zoom or dezoom it's ok? but roller is maybe too large so it can be adjusted but not the font i think.
Beetween "ctrl+  +or -" works too and on internet explorer or any browser  too ;)

I am not so much in skinning of fullscreen my skins are back in mc 11 but maybe other 'll have a better answer.

Sorry for my poor english...

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 05:30:27 am »

Whilst it's all very nice having zoom, I'm guessing that the majority of Theater View users are using an mce remote as the solitary HID.

This won't have the ability to zoom, without re-mapping buttons and losing other functionality.
This in turn means more end-user effort to get it set up and looking right rather than simply switching the view.

I'm really just suggesting that fonts should be, by default, scaled to the monitor resolution (e.g. by specifying the rollers should take 10% of the screen height) rather than to a fixed font size, or at least this should be possible in the skin definition.
Maybe by being able to set one of the [Text Height] variables to a %.

In my humble opinion, the font scaling in theater view options should be considered an "accessibility" feature rather than a required step in setting up theater view in general.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 06:53:36 am »

In Theater View settings, try the "Size" option.  Try 140%, for example.
Pages: [1]   Go Up