INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import/Export DSP Studio settings and other questions  (Read 1815 times)

tone20

Import/Export DSP Studio settings and other questions
« on: February 21, 2013, 06:26:10 am »

Hi, I just purchased this version of this excellent program, and have a few issues...

1.) I would like to be able to import and export settings in the DSP Studio, as it is very tedious having to manually setup Parametric EQ's and other options.
2.) How do you access Netflix from the standard view?  I could be going crazy, but I simply cannot find anywhere in the interface that gets me to my Netflix account. (Yes I have setup my account in Options/Services.)
3.) A bug with going to options and not changing anything still gives a box asking me to save or discard settings when I try to close the settings box, even though I have made no changes.
4.) When a video is played back, how come Volume Levelling is not applied to the soundtrack?  It's really annoying, as I have a Parametric EQ applied which is really loud when no Volume Levelling is being applied.  Is this intentional behaviour?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DSP and other questions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:59:44 am »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your purchase.

1.  There is no import/export available.  You could set two or more zones the way you would like if that helps.

2.  Netflix is available only in Theater View and only in the U.S.

3.  I don't see that.

csimon

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 08:12:35 am »

3. Yes, I get that all the time.  The Tools menu item and then drilling down into any item, e.g. DSP, or DLNA views. Don't make any changes and then come out, you still get the Save/Discard dialog. It's happened as far back as I can remember, MC17 and sooner probably. I've just lived with it!

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 09:14:09 am »

I’ve noticed this to. It appears to depend on whether you close via the ‘Cancel’ button at the bottom of the application window or the ‘Close’ button at the top of the application window. Using the 'Close' button brings up the ‘Confirm Save Changes’ box even though no changes have been made.

tone20

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 09:22:22 am »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your purchase.

1.  There is no import/export available.  You could set two or more zones the way you would like if that helps.

2.  Netflix is available only in Theater View and only in the U.S.

3.  I don't see that.

Thanks for answering, and for the great forum here  :)

It's just annoying with the settings in the DSP Studio, it would be so user friendly to be able to easily move, restore and share settings.

The Netflix thing is bizarre, I see stuff for other services (YouTube, Google Video) in the main interface, it's odd to hide it away in a mode I don't use.  I guess Netflix.com is for me!  But I have to ask why is Netflix restricted to the US?  I'm sure you have heard that Netflix is now in many countries other than the US, as well as most tech savvy people have been using a DNS service for years.

The Settings bug has been around on every version of MC18 that I've tried...  Maybe it's triggered by altering a setting previously...

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Import/Export DSP Studio settings and other questions
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 12:00:03 pm »

While Netflix offers their services to other countries, Netflix is the one that has restricted their API to only be used for US customers, not JRiver. In otherwords, the protocol provided by Netflix to allow JRiver to communicate with them is restricted to US customers.

The ability to copy DSP settings or to copy zones has been requested for a while now. Hopefully it is possible to implement soon. The ZoneSwitch feature brings new urgency to having the ability to copy zones.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 01:43:45 pm »

It's just annoying with the settings in the DSP Studio, it would be so user friendly to be able to easily move, restore and share settings.

+1

It is also frustrating when you need to duplicate a Zone entirely that it is completely manual.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up