INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play files with HDMI  (Read 1684 times)

Tpauline

Can't play files with HDMI
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:14:37 pm »

I've been putting the Mac version through it's paces today and came across an issue.

I can't get it to play a file if audio is set to go out via HDMI.  I have my 2012 Mac mini connected up to my AVR via HDMI and use it and my TV for monitor/audio.

Here's what I've found:

1) With audio defaulted on the Mac via HDMI J River won't play any files.  Not that you can't hear any audio...it won't play any files.  File starts...gets to 0:01 and hangs there.  The system is not locked nor has it crashed.  I can hit the stop button and select another track to play, but once it gets to 0:01 it hangs.

2) I connected a Toslink cable from the Mac into the AVR.  Now if I change the Macs default to send audio out the optical cable, no changes made in MC, J River plays the files and music plays through the system.

3) Within the audio options of MC it doesn't list the new optical connection as a selection.  So, I can't select the Mac to default to HDMI while the MC streams through optical.  It does however list the HDMI, which of course when selecting it as the output, while the Mac is defaulted to optical,  stops the files from playing.

T

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't play files with HDMI
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:59:10 am »

I haven't gotten into testing this yet, but I will be as well.  I look forward to your help in this area!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Irip

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 12:29:01 pm »

Hi there there have been updates since this question so apologizes if I have a missed a posting. Has this one been addressed? Thx!

santar

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 09:23:31 am »

Have you set the max sample rate to 96KHz in DSP studio? Anything higher and
hdmi will mute.
Pages: [1]   Go Up