INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another and imho still greater radio station: WWOZ !  (Read 1194 times)

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Another and imho still greater radio station: WWOZ !
« on: February 26, 2013, 06:43:09 pm »

In an earlier post I mentioned Radio Caroline as a (imho) great internet radio station.
Meanwhile I am however addicted to another station and although it may be already known to many of you I still would like to mention it. It is WWOZ, to be found at:
www.wwoz.org
I found it when I did some Google searching after seeing all 3 seasons of the (also imho) tremendous tv series Treme about New Orleans.
They play all sorts of music, modern and traditional jazz, blues, reggae, bluegrass, country, cajun etc. The show hosts are great too in their presentation.
Particularly the shows from 7-10 pm are my favourites. Unfortunately that is from 2-5 am in Holland, where I live, but I record them with the scheduler in MC and listen during the afternoon.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Another and imho still greater radio station: WWOZ !
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:47:00 pm »

+1

My favorites are the "Kitchen Sink" shows, which I think you are referring to as starting at 10pm New Orleans time.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Another and imho still greater radio station: WWOZ !
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 01:07:17 pm »

I didn't listen to the Kitchen Sink much because that is at 05.00 am here in Holland. The shows I meant are Gentilly Jr., Jivin'Gene's 50's R&B and Music of Mass Distraction by Black Mold. And on Sunday afternoon (here in Holland) Cajun and Zydeco, and Acoustic Blues.

But more and more I listen to other shows as well, except the modern jazz ones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up