INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Splitting video and audio to two different devices  (Read 1185 times)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Splitting video and audio to two different devices
« on: February 28, 2013, 11:24:51 pm »

Hi all,

I'm new this. but I haven't found an answer to my predicament. I have a Sony receiver (Model # STR-DA5800ES) and a Samsung TV. The Sony does *NOT* support mkv files over dlna (if I knew that I would not have purchased it). If I do a format conversion, I don't seem to be getting the full resolution (maybe I'm doing something wrong?). The Samsung tv plays the mkv files without a problem. However, the audio only comes out of the speakers and doesn't go through the receiver and associated speakers.

One option is to use the HDMI ARC function on the TV. That did not initially work, but there is another setting to try on the receiver, but that might mess up my Control4 setup.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a way in Media Center to choose some sort of "setup" that when I play a video to that setup, the video is sent to the TV and the audio to the receiver.

Is this possible?

Apologies in advance if I am leaving out some bit of critical info.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Splitting video and audio to two different devices
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 07:57:34 pm »

You can use an HDMI splitter and run one to your TV and one to your receiver.  Turn your TV speakers off.  I did this on my system and set up an audio zone for my music (ASIO) and a video zone for mkv files.  I just have to change the input on my receiver depending on what I'm watching/listening to.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Splitting video and audio to two different devices
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 10:51:48 pm »

Thanks dawgincontrol,

That is a way to do it, but I'm hoping to achieve it over the network using dlna. That way I don't have to move my computer or NAS to where the receiver and tv are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up