INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where does MC18 get the date for File List View-Sort by Date?  (Read 1717 times)

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck

I have a folder filled with video streams(originally analog camcorder recordings, then transcoded to dvd, then VOBs were ripped to m2ts), and I've created a view of type File-List-Sort By Date (Earliest First). Most of the streams appear to sort in order, and MC shows the year that the video was taken in parentheses next to the filename, like 'filename (2009)'.  Some of the streams do not sort correctly (they push to end of list), and have no year in parentheses in this view. 

All the streams do have date info in the filenames, in general form 'yyyymm-'(rest of filename) or 'yyyymx-yyyymy-'(rest of filename)  where mx-my is showing a range of  months. I don't think I saw any obvious correlation with filenames that worked and those that didn't.

Is MC getting the date from/expecting a paradigm in the filename ? I know its not file create or modified date, since all of these streams were recently ripped from VOB and remuxed to m2TS; so the files  all have very recent create and modified dates. I would be surprised if there is any meta data to show shoot date since it came from ripped VHS-C, unless it was extracted from the vobs and dvd chapter names (which also contained year and month).

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Where does MC18 get the date for File List View-Sort by Date?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:25:11 pm »

MC would use the [Date] field.  Look at the Date field in the Tag Action Window.

You can pull the date from the file names if you want to use those to populate Date.  Share some sample file names if you want help on this.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:44:34 pm »

Thanks.  And selecting 'Show All Tags' did the trick for me. I am still curious where the original data came from, as its similar (close) but not exact. Must have have some meta to scrape from somewhere. I will need to study the original source files more csrefully.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 12:54:08 pm »

Probably Carnac.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up