INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 262216 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #600 on: December 11, 2013, 02:09:43 pm »

LOL! It would be useful I think to have a "Getting Started..." button on the opening page of JRemote. Nothing involved or complex, just giving brief solutions to the common problems, i.e. how to enable Media Network and connect JRemote to MC, and where to go to customise the views.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #601 on: December 11, 2013, 02:15:51 pm »

I was just about to post the same, but you already said all essential  ;D

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #602 on: December 12, 2013, 12:26:00 am »

Finally a sticky closed thread for "How to set up views for JRemote/Gizmo/MyRiver" on top of this forum would be handy  ;D

+1
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #603 on: December 12, 2013, 12:37:44 pm »

I just bought and installed JRemote - looks great.
However: I thought it'd be possible to play the music through the 'loudspeakers' of my iPad. Is that correct or did I misunderstand?
If it is correct: where do I have to adjust the settings?
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #604 on: December 12, 2013, 12:39:14 pm »

Yes, you can play through the iPad speaker.  In the lower left, select the Device selection node, and select This Device.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #605 on: December 13, 2013, 12:08:16 pm »

or Reply #566...
It feels like this has been asked and answered for about 500 times... e.g. csimon must have sore fingers  :P
Finally a sticky closed thread for "How to set up views for JRemote/Gizmo/MyRiver" on top of this forum would be handy  ;D

Hm, I did so, but I still see the same thing in my JRemote. (Re-added connection to server in JRemote, restarted media network.)

Thoughts? Thanks.

(Sorry for the slow reply; had surgery and couldn't test on server.)

Micah

MrC

« Reply #606 on: December 13, 2013, 12:17:25 pm »

@laerm - Is your post a question, or an answer?

If you're not seeing your view changes in a WebGizmo client (JRemote is one), be sure to both Quit MC and the its media server, and relaunch JRemote and navigate back through the views.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #607 on: December 13, 2013, 01:55:06 pm »

@laerm - Is your post a question, or an answer?

If you're not seeing your view changes in a WebGizmo client (JRemote is one), be sure to both Quit MC and the its media server, and relaunch JRemote and navigate back through the views.

Question.

But you set me straight: I did not restart MC. All is good now, thanks.

Micah

Regnad

• Recent member
« Reply #608 on: December 13, 2013, 02:46:25 pm »

I would like the "X" to be gone in album view, is that possible?  Also, can album view also display, say, the current song?

Thanks, and just saying that this is the best! remote ever.

Denti

« Reply #609 on: December 14, 2013, 04:12:17 pm »

Is it possible to sync my main JR player with my ipad? I seem only to be able to link other zones, but not the ipad.

InfernoSTi

• Recent member
  • Hawthorne Audio Reference Speakers
« Reply #610 on: December 25, 2013, 03:04:15 pm »

Is there a way to use JRemote to "Run Auto Import"?  That would be a real boon to me in a few circumstances.

Best,
John

mindblanking

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #611 on: December 25, 2013, 03:22:13 pm »

Two question about JRemote... By the way, I love it!

1.  I could swear that when I first started using it I could go to Album-"Bad company" (or whatever) and then click on any song to start the album from that point... On the "white screen" I'm talking about.   Now if I try to hit any other song it starts playing the first song.  The only way I can go directly to a song is to hit the first song and then when, the player appears on the bottom, click on that to bring up the album's track list.  I clearly must've changed a setting or something but not sure what I did.  Seems to have happened when I was messing around with play lists. 

2.  Can you create playlists from JRemote?  In general I'm having a hard time with the playlists.  Is their a complete tutorial on this app I can download and read cover to cover?   Thanks!

mindblanking

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #612 on: December 25, 2013, 03:27:44 pm »

Two question about JRemote... By the way, I love it!

1.  I could swear that when I first started using it I could go to Album-"Bad company" (or whatever) and then click on any song to start the album from that point... On the "white screen" I'm talking about.   Now if I try to hit any other song it starts playing the first song.  The only way I can go directly to a song is to hit the first song and then when, the player appears on the bottom, click on that to bring up the album's track list.  I clearly must've changed a setting or something but not sure what I did.  Seems to have happened when I was messing around with play lists. 

2.  Can you create playlists from JRemote?  In general I'm having a hard time with the playlists.  Is their a complete tutorial on this app I can download and read cover to cover?   Thanks!

Okay... I figured out question 1....  I need to have it set for "play all now" and then the album will play from whatever track I hit first.  Took me awhile but glad I figured it out.

InfernoSTi

• Recent member
  • Hawthorne Audio Reference Speakers
« Reply #613 on: December 25, 2013, 03:32:05 pm »

Quoting myself from another thread:

I can using Windows 19 JRiver and JRemote on iPhone. 

I have to be in a play window and then show song list. The "Action" button lets me save the current playlist including giving it a unique name. 

Once you do this a few times it is great…I use "add one next" to create the playlist usually…I sometimes use the edit button to delete a song (sometimes to add it later or sometimes to just remove it).  Once I have it the way I like, I use the Action button to save it.  I have a running "Demo Playlist" that I add songs to from time to time when I find them…then I can play it on shuffle and get a great demo playlist!

Best,
John

freddie40

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #614 on: December 27, 2013, 10:06:33 am »

Having a Problem streaming from JRiver (Mac) to JRemote.

My Library is almost all AIFF.  I would like to stream in the native format, however, JRemote crashes every time I do this.  If I enable trascoding everything works fine.  What do I need to do to get strewing in the native format to work?

Thanks,

Dave
Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini  /  Mountain Lion -> JRiver -> Ayre QB9 -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent interconnects & Wire |  Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #615 on: December 31, 2013, 12:20:12 pm »

Hope someone can help.....using JRemote.....is there a more efficient way to Fast forward other than swiping in :30 increments?

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #616 on: January 02, 2014, 07:40:27 am »

Has nobody an answer on my question(s) on the previous page, particularly this part:

"Oh... and meanwhile I have another problem. When I try to play an album, when a track is finished often it doesn't go to the next track. I see "Audio Streaming Error". But when I push the "Next" button it does play. I am very close to my router and with other apps relying on wifi I don't have problems.
What can I do to solve this ?".
I just tried this yesterday and I am getting the same response/problem.  I can play one file/song, but get the error "Audio Streaming Error" as it tries to go to the next song.   Next or Stop/Play will play the next song, then same thing again.

mindblanking

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #617 on: January 04, 2014, 09:17:12 am »

Having a hard time figuring out how to use JRemote to create playlists... It seems to want to drag whole albums into a list.  Is there a simple way to grab stuff song by song and create individual playlists from my Iphone or do I have to do it from my computer using JRiver Media Center?

csimon

« Reply #618 on: January 04, 2014, 10:05:36 am »

You can't as yet use JRemote to create and save playlists in MC, even though MC-created playlists will appear in JRemote, however you can certainly add individual tracks to its own queue - press and hold the track and you will get an add-to-queue menu. There is a default action for when you tap on a track and this is configurable in the settings.

Denti

« Reply #619 on: January 04, 2014, 06:53:51 pm »

Here is a snapshot of my artist view in the remote.

When I select an artist with more than one album I see, for example, this:

But when I select an artist with only one album the remote skips this step and goes right to the album:

Why? This is not how it appears in the standard view in JRiver. I would like to see he same screen as above with my selection albums, knowing of course that there will be only one. In any event, I'd like to see that one. My settings for gizmo are just as they should be, but the remote seems to skip this step for artists with one album. How can I change this?

csimon

« Reply #620 on: January 04, 2014, 07:03:01 pm »

I don't think you can change this behaviour.  It is the way MC works, I think Theater View works the same way and so does Gizmo, but Standard View and DLNA don't.

I've asked before if this could be configurable as in some circumstances it is actually useful, for example if your views are set up for drilling down into multi-CD sets, it will skip the boxed set level if there is only one CD in the set (which will be for most of your collection).

But it would be nice to be able to configure it on or off on the levels you want rather than a hardcoded on or off for all levels depending on the type of client you are using.

Denti

« Reply #621 on: January 04, 2014, 07:18:59 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know, though I wish it were possible. Seems like an easy fix, no?

steveoat

• Recent member
« Reply #622 on: January 04, 2014, 09:34:55 pm »

Support for custom tags:

Does J Remote support custom tags.  In my J River setup, I have a custom tag for "composition" which I see on my computer screen.  However, I don't see it on J Remote.

Is there something I need to do so that I can see this custom tag?

csimon

« Reply #623 on: January 07, 2014, 04:52:34 pm »

Support for custom tags:

Does J Remote support custom tags.  In my J River setup, I have a custom tag for "composition" which I see on my computer screen.  However, I don't see it on J Remote.

It seems to do it for me - I have a custom field called Medium and this shows up in JRemote's tag window, but I think it only shows tags that have something in them.

Note that my files are FLAC, which is flexible for storing custom tags, and I have JRiver configured to store tags in the files. Are you using a file format that can only store standard tags and have you set JRiver to store tags in files? JRiver standard view will display tags from its library rather than from the files but maybe JRemote will only read them from the files.

MrC

« Reply #624 on: January 07, 2014, 05:39:04 pm »

Custom fields are supported - these are available to the MCWS REST interface which I believe JRemote uses to obtain metadata.  The values from from MC's database, not file tags, so file format would not matter.  Only fields with values are presented.

sunfire7

« Reply #625 on: January 08, 2014, 01:32:17 am »

is Lespaul Ok? ?
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

vagskal

« Reply #626 on: January 08, 2014, 01:38:01 am »

Support for custom tags:

As said by others, only custom fields with values are shown. If you want to use JRemote to add to a file/track a value to a custom field you have set up in MC, in JRemote just select edit on another field for that file and change the field name to the name of your desired custom field and add a value.

bgreene16

« Reply #627 on: January 10, 2014, 12:50:48 pm »

Hello,

Couple of months ago I purchased JRemote and IPad2 with specific reason only to remotely control my audiophile system. The configuration is standard (all is wired by cat-6) – Router, Cable modem, NAS, Dell PC – Win7 – JRiver-19 – dac – integrated amp – speakers.

When I started with JRemote I asked for access key from JRiver, enable DNLA, loaded access key to JRemote and was able to control JRiver from JRemote with no problem and with big pleasure and convenience!

In a few days I noticed that connection sometimes lost. No big deal – reconnected and it’s works.

Yesterday, the connection was lost completely.
First it was like out of sync.
When connection was lost completely. 
I reload JRemote from app store, notice that it’s version 2.43 now;
When after reload it’s still showed ver. 2.42.
And no connection.

I deleted access key from JRiver and request a new one.
With the new key I got message that key is verified but server is not available.
And of course – no connection.

Any help with this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.   

csimon

« Reply #628 on: January 10, 2014, 02:20:47 pm »

I think the version number is a mistake - I have 2.42 and there hasn't been an update since October, I think JRemote is reporting the wrong version and the version on iTunes is correct.

With regard to your connection issues, first of all make sure you have current build of MC too.  Reboot the PC and restart the iPad. Note that you don't need to use the Access Key method to connect, this requires internet access and access to your server from outside your network. So let's eliminate this and in JRemote set up a new server and tell it your PC's IP address.

Lastly, are you sure nothing has changed in your network, like firewalls?

bgreene16

« Reply #629 on: January 10, 2014, 02:40:51 pm »

Hi CSimon,
Thank you so very much for fast response.
All are OK now.
Best regards, Boris.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #630 on: January 15, 2014, 08:23:34 am »

JRemote is not always in sync with MC.
I recorded new episodes of Frontline and Downton Abbey but they don't appear in the show list on JRemote. Is there an easy way to force a refresh JRemote?

JRemote does not make it easy to identify episodes of a show. How can I display the recording date of each show?

It would be great if the programming guide was visible through JRemote so that new shows could be selected on JRemote while another show is playing through MC.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

csimon

« Reply #631 on: January 15, 2014, 08:38:05 am »

JRemote is not always in sync with MC.
I recorded new episodes of Frontline and Downton Abbey but they don't appear in the show list on JRemote. Is there an easy way to force a refresh JRemote?

This is a combination of MC refreshing and republishing the library and JRemote refreshing and no, it doesn't always work very well.  I think what seems to work most of the time is shutting down JRemote or disconnecting it from the server, and starting it up again.

JRemote does not make it easy to identify episodes of a show. How can I display the recording date of each show?

There is a Tag icon/button which will display all the populated tags for the selected item.

It would be great if the programming guide was visible through JRemote so that new shows could be selected on JRemote while another show is playing through MC.

If the EPG is available via MC's web-command protocol then it would certainly be possible.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #632 on: January 15, 2014, 08:45:46 am »

I just noticed that my latest recordings are visible in the Recent folder. Shouldn't they also be visible in the Shows folder too?
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

mindblanking

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #633 on: January 18, 2014, 09:19:38 am »

When I first started using JRemote, I could swear there was a way for me to change the display on my laptop screen so that all i would see is the album that was playing sort of suspended on a black screen.  Can't figure out how to do that now.  It's helpful because my laptop sits near my speakers and the white screen is sort of annoying but the album on black is pretty cool.  Anyone?  Thanks!

gpeeke

• Recent member
« Reply #634 on: January 23, 2014, 03:18:14 pm »

I am using "My River" remote app and I recently went with a dedicated MacMini(I was using my iMac as my music server). When I loaded my MC19 on my MacMini I received a new access key. When I try the remote with my new AK, I get a pop up stating check your network connections? I'm using it the same way I did with my iMac. Any ideas why the "My River" remote isn't working with my MacMini? Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

Larryng

« Reply #635 on: January 23, 2014, 03:35:39 pm »

As many have said , the JRemote is great ,  just one question , when I choose Threater view on the JRemote in the Ipad , frequently , the computer screen shows various photos of the singers and that is great , but problem is that I may need to pay the music for several hours before it shows such pictures (assuming that these pictures are obtained through internet) , is that a way to speed up this views of singers within 10-15 minutes ?   My computer (MC19) is always connected to internet .

Is there some setting on MC19 that I missed ?
Any help would be appreciated .

csimon

« Reply #636 on: January 23, 2014, 03:39:03 pm »

I am using "My River" remote app and I recently went with a dedicated MacMini(I was using my iMac as my music server). When I loaded my MC19 on my MacMini I received a new access key. When I try the remote with my new AK, I get a pop up stating check your network connections? I'm using it the same way I did with my iMac. Any ideas why the "My River" remote isn't working with my MacMini?

This is JRemote, not My River! However, this seems to me like a firewall issue. The Mini may be blocking incoming connections. In its firewall, try opening up the port that is specified in Tools/Media Network and then generate a new access key and see if that will work.

csimon

« Reply #637 on: January 23, 2014, 03:40:53 pm »

As many have said , the JRemote is great ,  just one question , when I choose Threater view on the JRemote in the Ipad , frequently , the computer screen shows various photos of the singers and that is great , but problem is that I may need to pay the music for several hours before it shows such pictures (assuming that these pictures are obtained through internet) , is that a way to speed up this views of singers within 10-15 minutes ?   My computer (MC19) is always connected to internet .

Is there some setting on MC19 that I missed ?
Any help would be appreciated .

I think you might be better asking this question in the MC19 forum http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=32.0 as it isn't a JRemote issue.

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
« Reply #638 on: January 23, 2014, 04:45:48 pm »

I have had this same problem now for the better part of a year. Noted on the JRemote web site, asked everyone, and nobody seems to have an answer.

Is this a new and desired behavior? I really don't like my phone crashing on me that way. :/

-Paul

Having a Problem streaming from JRiver (Mac) to JRemote.

My Library is almost all AIFF.  I would like to stream in the native format, however, JRemote crashes every time I do this.  If I enable trascoding everything works fine.  What do I need to do to get strewing in the native format to work?

Thanks,

Dave

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #639 on: January 23, 2014, 06:01:32 pm »

New to JRiver and JRemote. Launched remote on my IPad and it works well connected over the internet. I had always used Apple Remote over my MacMini's local area network. I prefer this use without router, but cannot aim JRemote app to see network as such ? Would there be a better app for such connection ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #640 on: January 23, 2014, 06:10:52 pm »

New to JRiver and JRemote. Launched remote on my IPad and it works well connected over the internet. I had always used Apple Remote over my MacMini's local area network. I prefer this use without router, but cannot aim JRemote app to see network as such ? Would there be a better app for such connection ?
You can connect to your LAN without using the Internet.  You may find this useful:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Network

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #641 on: January 26, 2014, 06:10:04 am »

Just bought jremote and I think it's great. Are we anywhere near transcoding video for iOS yet?

A small bug in that video does not rotate to landscape in iOS7 on my iPhone 5s.

SBR

gpeeke

• Recent member
« Reply #642 on: January 26, 2014, 10:05:12 am »

Got it working!! Thanks for the help

CaptainSensible

• Recent member
« Reply #643 on: January 28, 2014, 07:06:14 am »

Unable to find an answer to my question...
Just started using JRemote on iPad with Windows JRiver v19.
I know JRemote will wake my PC, but is there a way for it to shutdown my PC without needing a display attached and powered on?
The only way I've found is to tap Remote, Theater, Exit but I need to have the display on to see what I'm doing!

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #644 on: January 28, 2014, 10:02:17 am »

I as well find the IOS7 will not rotate the video on my 4S.
Is there something I need to do?

csimon

« Reply #645 on: January 28, 2014, 10:07:24 am »

Unable to find an answer to my question...
Just started using JRemote on iPad with Windows JRiver v19.
I know JRemote will wake my PC, but is there a way for it to shutdown my PC without needing a display attached and powered on?
The only way I've found is to tap Remote, Theater, Exit but I need to have the display on to see what I'm doing!

Go to settings and press the right arrow on your connected server and you'll find a menu of commands at the bottom including Sleep and Shutdown.

CaptainSensible

• Recent member
« Reply #646 on: January 28, 2014, 03:49:17 pm »

Oh yes!
Great, thank you very much!

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #647 on: January 29, 2014, 05:19:26 pm »

Just got an iPad air and I want to know if jremote can access my files from a remote location via wifif and push the music to a Bose player via bluetooth?

csimon

« Reply #648 on: January 29, 2014, 05:24:57 pm »

JRemote can connect to a remote MC library, e.g. one that's on your home PC while you've got JRemote in work, provided you've got port-forwarding set up correctly on your router. It will use the Access Key method to connect, just as if you were using a copy of MC itself remotely.

I'm not sure about bluetooth but I would think this is possible if you stream the remote files to the iPad so that the iPad is playing the music (play it to This Device in JRemote), then use the built-in bluetooth facility of the iPad to send to external speakers. Perhaps someone else could confirm.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #649 on: January 29, 2014, 05:27:19 pm »

I'm not sure about bluetooth but I would think this is possible if you stream the remote files to the iPad so that the iPad is playing the music (play it to This Device in JRemote), then use the built-in bluetooth facility of the iPad to send to external speakers. Perhaps someone else could confirm.
That should work.  I do something similar with Gizmo.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up