INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 262226 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #700 on: February 11, 2014, 05:44:20 pm »

Ah, it was the other way around!

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #701 on: February 12, 2014, 03:09:36 am »

have a look at this: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79104.msg569026;topicseen#msg569026 no feedback

Mediacenter Webservice is supporting this since 5 Month ago

Sorry about not implementing this sooner. It will be first on my list once the iOS7 version is ready.

A few thoughts on implementation:
It would be bothersome having to select a playlist every time you want to add, so you should be able to mark any playlist as the current default.
If you want to add something to this list it`s a one tap process. Otherwise you get the playlist selection view.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #702 on: February 12, 2014, 03:17:22 am »

Has anyone here experienced not being able to connect after installing one of the latest MC updates?
Just trying to narrow down a few cases that I received within a two day period.

One thing they had in common was that this occurred after installing an update.

csimon

« Reply #703 on: February 12, 2014, 03:34:15 am »

Has anyone here experienced not being able to connect after installing one of the latest MC updates?

I've not had any particular trouble, I tend to keep up with releases (and beta releases) as soon as they are available. There are indeed some initial problems in connecting, maybe around 50% of the time, but I've always put this down to a timeout problem because the server is still waking up. A few seconds later and it's OK. I don't think I've had any trouble connecting when the server is already up.

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #704 on: February 12, 2014, 11:51:41 am »

Hi Lespaul,
Sorry about not implementing this sooner. It will be first on my list once the iOS7 version is ready.

A few thoughts on implementation:
It would be bothersome having to select a playlist every time you want to add, so you should be able to mark any playlist as the current default.
If you want to add something to this list it`s a one tap process. Otherwise you get the playlist selection view.

great to hear this. Yes, the option with the default playlist is a good idea. I hope you will also refresh the already loaded views after a playlist change.

Thanks Erwin

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #705 on: February 12, 2014, 10:45:17 pm »

Nope.

Of course, I don't use an access key, and use a FQDN directly to my network.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #706 on: February 13, 2014, 12:07:21 am »

I have noticed a dramatic increase in lost connections. I think version 19.114 is causing the problems for me.
1) The connection is dropped quite often.
2) JRemote is often unresponsive and keeps updating the screen (e.g. playlist artwork).
3) JRemote switches from Player mode to Device mode and won't switch back.

Loading/Unloading JRemote does not seem to help. I have better results if I unload everything on my iPad but I still lose the connection again within a few minutes.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #707 on: February 13, 2014, 07:03:10 am »

I had a connection problem yesterday using Gizmo on a Galaxy Note 3.  It was solved by rebooting the phone.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #708 on: February 13, 2014, 10:30:59 am »

I'm going on a road trip this weekend so I should have a long time to test it.  I'll let you know if anything weird happens.

As I mentioned, nothing in casual use lately.

sunfire7

« Reply #709 on: February 13, 2014, 04:22:39 pm »

LesPaul, can you tell me which port does JRemote uses for Wol? I want to see if I can get wol working over internet with JRemote, currently I wake up my server from wan with another tool and then I open JRemote, I'm trying to do this automatically, can you help? Thanks!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #710 on: February 13, 2014, 06:55:23 pm »

LesPaul,

I use RoomieRemote to automate my HT setup with some specific functions using MC's MCWS. However my main remote for the MC is using JRemote.
After selecting that I want to listen to music, I currently have to exit roomie on my iPad and switch to JRemote. Does JRemote have a handleOpenURL that would launch it from a url opened on the iPad like some other apps which launch when certain urls are opened? With Roomie I have the option to assign a url to a button which I could use to launch another app.

http://handleopenurl.com/

Now perfection would be if I could then have JRemote open a url on exit and call Roomie !!!

Just asking as I searched and could not get any hits

Great application and while traveling over the holidays it always impresses people the ease of accessing music and being able to stream it from the house to the other side of the world!

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #711 on: February 13, 2014, 11:41:31 pm »

I had a connection problem yesterday using Gizmo on a Galaxy Note 3.  It was solved by rebooting the phone.

I power cycled my iPad and the connection seems to be more stable.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

arthur071169

• Recent member
« Reply #712 on: February 14, 2014, 08:44:26 am »

I admit to being not only a 'noob', but have not yet purchaseda licence for MC19.  I have however bought the JRemote app for my OS devices.

My intention is to replace my current Sonos setup.
I have a few Play5's, and the obligitory Connect (with an Arcam Sonlink).
I have been less and less impressed with the Sono mantra that Hires audio is not being supported.  I have heard a super hires DSD tarck and I was in awe. I do not care about psycho acoustics and 'age' based limitations on audible frequency.  I know that the less sampls you use, the further you get from a true analog waveform.

Tech rant over, MC19 supports up to 384 output and I am in the market for the only DAC I will need for the forseeable future.  I intend to enjoy my music in my living room with an ipad as the remote device.
I may however want to listen to my music around the home (read 'bath') streamed to my ipad docked either physically or bluetooth to a set of speakers in that location.

I have my iphone (in the office currently) able to see what is playing on my PC.  I cannot however see the tracks from the album currebtly playing, even thought I click on the tracks icon top right.
Also, I cannot seem to get the phone to play anyting as a secondary device (zone?)

Is there a pdf of similar put together for the *very* uninitiated who want to
A) remote control MC via an android device and have all functionality
B) use a remote control device as a playback zone?

Everything I try to do ends up with
"No Media"
"No media as found in this view"

Toggling between playlist position, track number, enabling/disabling thumbnails for the remote (showing currently playing track - so right zone?) does nothing.
Please help if you can, I want to use this as a hires audio player, with a good remote control option (Ipad) and if possible to stream to a mobile device...
thanks in advance,
Arthur.

JRemote is the first full featured native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center.

The app was developed to offer you full remote control of your JRiver Media Center from any of your iDevices.
Please note that you need JRiver Media Center version 15 or later.

The current version is 2.22.

Link to App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jremote/id486222633?l=nb&ls=1&mt=8

Link to JRemote.net
http://www.jremote.net

You can find the old JRemote thread here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68491.0

csimon

« Reply #713 on: February 14, 2014, 08:53:43 am »

I cannot however see the tracks from the album currebtly playing, even thought I click on the tracks icon top right.

Are you using it in portrait? I don't know abou the iPhone but on the iPad there's an issue in that the current playlist is not accessible from the Playing Now screen while in portrait. Try landscape!

Also, I cannot seem to get the phone to play anyting as a secondary device (zone?)

You want to stream music to the iPhone? In which case, the zone you need to select in JRemote is "This Device". I can imagine there may be issues with file formats though, what formats are your music files in?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #714 on: February 14, 2014, 09:42:22 am »

Start at the Media Network topic on our wiki.

JLorenzo

• Recent member
« Reply #715 on: February 15, 2014, 07:32:09 am »

Can JRemote show metadata other than basics like artist/album?  I like to put the version information of a song into the Comment field (for example 12" Disco Mix or Mono 45 Version) rather than into the song title.  I'd like to see the Comment field in JRemote.

ETA: Never mind I found where all the Metadata is :-)
How to do this?

Thanks

csimon

« Reply #716 on: February 15, 2014, 08:49:32 am »

How to do this?

Thanks

Press the Tag button which is in the top right corner.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #717 on: February 15, 2014, 01:55:28 pm »

Hey guys,

sorry for not being here in a while, I will try to participate more actively from now on.
I am glad to see that you guys are helping each other though.

Since this has taken longer than expected, I may release one more bug-fix for the current version.
Most importantly, the 24/96 output is not working, as it`s down sampled to 44.1. This is fixed in the new version but I feel bad for not
releasing the fix earlier.

YESSSS!!!!!!

I knew I wasn't going mad...everyone telling me the iPad's not capable of hi Rez playback!!

(2 great pieces of good news in one week for me - I'm a little behind on the forums - first Gizmo has ratings implemented - good news for my android phone - and now JRemote will be getting hi Rez playback - great news for my ipad!!)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #718 on: February 17, 2014, 10:26:01 am »

I'm going on a road trip this weekend so I should have a long time to test it.  I'll let you know if anything weird happens.

As I mentioned, nothing in casual use lately.

Used JRemote extensively this weekend, with MC 19.0.115 (116 had problems with plugins so I removed it and 117 wasn't out yet when I left).  No disconnect issues at all.

As mentioned I do not use the access key method for connecting, but connect directly to my home's WAN address.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #719 on: February 17, 2014, 03:13:46 pm »

Hi, a couple of things:

1.  I'm having issues where the track abruptly ends and goes to the next song.  Don't know whether this is a JRemote or a Media Center issue.  I'm using JRiver Media Center for the Mac, ver. 19.0.3.

2.  I've set the view for albums to be "Year" then below that "Year - Album."  Is there a way to make JRemote group by year on the right hand sorter if the the first category view is by the year tag, i.e. " '54's, '63's, '78's " etc.?

Thanks for the consideration!  

csimon

« Reply #720 on: February 18, 2014, 04:14:36 am »

1.  I'm having issues where the track abruptly ends and goes to the next song.  Don't know whether this is a JRemote or a Media Center issue.  I'm using JRiver Media Center for the Mac, ver. 19.0.3.

Are you streaming to your iOS device or is the music playing on the Mac?  What file format are the songs that are skipping?

2.  I've set the view for albums to be "Year" then below that "Year - Album."  Is there a way to make JRemote group by year on the right hand sorter if the the first category view is by the year tag, i.e. " '54's, '63's, '78's " etc.?

Sorry, I can't quite understand what you want here, however the views fro JRemote are defined in Tools/Options/Media Network/Views for Gizmo, so you have a look there and configure the sort order as you want it.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #721 on: February 18, 2014, 07:34:15 am »

"Play all Now" is not working in JRemote under Windows MC 19.114.   I have it set as default tap action on the audio screens but when I select it the player pops up and I have to then hit the play button; after that the whole album plays as expected.    Oddly this doesn't happen on the MAC MC19 version.   Is there a setting in MC that contributes to this action on JRemote?

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #722 on: February 20, 2014, 09:24:22 pm »

Are you streaming to your iOS device or is the music playing on the Mac?  What file format are the songs that are skipping?

Streaming to my iPhone 5.  The file formats for the most part are MP3's.  There might be some FLACs in there but this is with MP3's that I've caught. 

Sorry, I can't quite understand what you want here, however the views fro JRemote are defined in Tools/Options/Media Network/Views for Gizmo, so you have a look there and configure the sort order as you want it.
Yes, I've currently set the view in Media Center.  The thing with views that categorize by dates, there's no real sorter on the right.  It just shows the "#" symbol and that's it.  Which is why I'm wondering if the last two digits of the year could be added to the right. 

csimon

« Reply #723 on: February 21, 2014, 03:42:44 am »

Yes, I've currently set the view in Media Center.  The thing with views that categorize by dates, there's no real sorter on the right.  It just shows the "#" symbol and that's it.  Which is why I'm wondering if the last two digits of the year could be added to the right. 

Do you mean the A-Z index that is superimposed on the right of the screen?  If so, numbers are sorted under # as you've noted so no, there isn't a way to separate out individual numbers.

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #724 on: February 21, 2014, 08:14:20 am »

Can JRemote control two different pc's running JRiver?  Not simultaneously.

Thanks.

csimon

« Reply #725 on: February 21, 2014, 08:20:46 am »

Yes, JRemote connects to library servers and you can connect to any of them. The PCs you want to be controlled need to be running as library servers.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #726 on: February 21, 2014, 10:04:03 pm »

Do you mean the A-Z index that is superimposed on the right of the screen?  If so, numbers are sorted under # as you've noted so no, there isn't a way to separate out individual numbers.
Ok just wondering if there was a hidden setting somewhere.  Thank you for the consideration csimon!

pete86

• Recent member
« Reply #727 on: February 23, 2014, 07:06:14 pm »

Edit: never mind!

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #728 on: February 25, 2014, 02:21:37 pm »

Is there a way to get JRemote to send playback stats and/or Last.fm tracking?

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #729 on: February 25, 2014, 03:12:28 pm »

Hi Guys.

New to the JRemote thread but have been using and loving it for some time now. 

I have one issue though.  If I am listening to music with JRemote and the iPhone rings and I don't answer it.  After it finishes ringing JRemote does not come back and continue playing.

Normally this isn't a big issue.  Except when I am listening in the Shower via my Bluetooth speakers.  Kind of hard to reach over and start it up again lol.

This has been going on for some time now so I don't think it is related to the version of MC.  But just in case I am running the latest V 19 (118 I think?)

Thanks.

Carl.

Sched7

« Reply #730 on: February 28, 2014, 04:42:22 am »

Hey All,

New to MC and JRemote. I've been running trial versions of MC on both my Windows pc and my macbook pro. Audio is output from my windows to my hi-fi via Airport express and a budget DAC. I've had no problems controlling volume with JRemote on my iphone, however with my MBP (which is outputting audio via optical to the DAC), nothing happens when I slide the volume controller on my ipad - I have to rely on changing volume on the Hi-Fi itself. Have I not set up something correctly?

Also, my DAC doesn't show up in MC - is this normal when using a budget DAC perhaps?

Cheers

csimon

« Reply #731 on: February 28, 2014, 05:01:14 am »

Volume is probably disabled on the Macbook. See http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume

USB DACs don't automatically appear as zones. You assign them to a zone in audio settings. See http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DAC_Settings. DLNA devices and client instances of MC would automatically appear.

These are not really JRemote questions, I think you are on learning curve for MC itself. The main forum might be the best place to ask questions, either in the Windows or Mac sections as appropriate. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php#2

Sched7

« Reply #732 on: February 28, 2014, 06:28:32 am »

Volume is probably disabled on the Macbook. See http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume
Checked volume on mbp - all good
DACs don't automatically appear as zones. You assign them to a zone in audio settings. See http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DAC_Settings. DLNA devices and client instances of MC would automatically appear.
My DAC is not a USB one - just plugs in via optical or coax.
These are not really JRemote questions, I think you are on learning curve for MC itself. The main forum might be the best place to ask questions, either in the Windows or Mac sections as appropriate. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php#2
Noted, although it is the JRemote volume I'm having problems with - will post in the appropriate section next time.

Thanks for the help.

csimon

« Reply #733 on: February 28, 2014, 06:34:20 am »

My DAC is not a USB one - just plugs in via optical or coax.

In that case it's whatever is producing that SPDIF signal that is the soundcard/device that you will target, not the DAC. If it's your computer's default output device then this is the default zone that appears in Playing Now automatically, and in its settings you will find that the device driver is listed. If it's a second device then you need to add another zone and select the device driver in audio settings for that zone.  See the link to DACs that I gave above.

fmd

• Recent member
« Reply #734 on: March 03, 2014, 02:05:30 am »

In landscape after pressing hte tag button, there is a View button corresponding to each line of the playlist. In portrait, this facility doesn't appear to be there.

Hello - it is actually there in both Portrait & Landscape mode.  However when you hit it the Tag information is not the information for the song playing but rather for the first song of whatever playlist you are viewing.

Can this get on the bug fix list?

Thank you

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #735 on: March 03, 2014, 11:55:23 am »

If I am listening to music with JRemote and the iPhone rings and I don't answer it.  After it finishes ringing JRemote does not come back and continue playing.

Normally this isn't a big issue.  Except when I am listening in the Shower via my Bluetooth speakers.  Kind of hard to reach over and start it up again lol.

This has been going on for some time now so I don't think it is related to the version of MC.  But just in case I am running the latest V 19 (118 I think?)

any ideas?  Anyone else experiencing this sort of behaviour listening via bluetooth?

Carl.

csimon

« Reply #736 on: March 03, 2014, 05:44:47 pm »

Hello - it is actually there in both Portrait & Landscape mode.  However when you hit it the Tag information is not the information for the song playing but rather for the first song of whatever playlist you are viewing.

Can this get on the bug fix list?

Thank you

This actually works for me. I've just put a whole album to play in the playlist and when it advanced to Track 2 I pressed the Tag button and it showed me the metadata for Track 2, with the View square on the second item highlighted. I think you are in Browse view, not Playing Now. The tag button is definitely not available in portrait Playing Now. If you press the Tag button in Browse then yes, it displays the tag information for the first track in the view, you can then change which item you're looking at by pressing the View button next to the track you want. I don't believe this is a bug because the Browse view is not the currently playing playlist. Press the button in the top right of the screen that looks like a Play symbol and it will take you to Playing Now, i.e. the current playlist.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #737 on: March 05, 2014, 05:17:50 pm »

I meant to come back and report...

I used JRemote EXTENSIVELY on my trip and had zero disconnects (well, except when I lost cell service up near Canada).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #738 on: March 05, 2014, 05:19:08 pm »

Used JRemote extensively this weekend, with MC 19.0.115 (116 had problems with plugins so I removed it and 117 wasn't out yet when I left).  No disconnect issues at all.

As mentioned I do not use the access key method for connecting, but connect directly to my home's WAN address.

Doh.  Guess I remembered before I forgot.  :-[

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #739 on: March 09, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »

LesPaul,

I use RoomieRemote to automate my HT setup with some specific functions using MC's MCWS. However my main remote for the MC is using JRemote.
After selecting that I want to listen to music, I currently have to exit roomie on my iPad and switch to JRemote. Does JRemote have a handleOpenURL that would launch it from a url opened on the iPad like some other apps which launch when certain urls are opened? With Roomie I have the option to assign a url to a button which I could use to launch another app.

http://handleopenurl.com/

Now perfection would be if I could then have JRemote open a url on exit and call Roomie !!!

Just asking as I searched and could not get any hits

Great application and while traveling over the holidays it always impresses people the ease of accessing music and being able to stream it from the house to the other side of the world!

I asked for that a long time ago. It would be great feature to integrate with roomie and another autmation apps. I think Les Paul could add to the settings the option to add at least 3 different buttons and assign them a label and an URL.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #740 on: March 12, 2014, 09:15:13 am »

I asked for that a long time ago. It would be great feature to integrate with roomie and another autmation apps. I think Les Paul could add to the settings the option to add at least 3 different buttons and assign them a label and an URL.

You can open JRemote from another app using the url "jremote://"
No parameters are supported at this time.

No problem adding custom buttons to trigger certain URL`s. I would appreciate more details on how such a system should work.

csimon

« Reply #741 on: March 12, 2014, 02:57:42 pm »

Sort order in Zones list

Could you make the Zones list sort alphabetically? I have a lot of zones now, basically for different sets of audio settings not just different audio devices, and I've named them in a structured fashion to enable identification. MC sorts them alphabetically in the Playing Now list but JRemote sorts them in a random order. It would make it much easier if they were alphabetic.

I don't mind the current zone being anchored at the top and This Device being at the bottom if that's the convention you want to adopt.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #742 on: March 13, 2014, 11:21:40 am »

Any eta on the update that allows Hi Rez playback?

demoleon

• Recent member
« Reply #743 on: March 14, 2014, 05:08:38 pm »

Just got my iPad Air and purchased this app.  I absolutely love it!  Much faster and "prettier" than my Android uPnp app.  I did have a couple of suggestions though.  It would be nice to have a custom title expression like is available in the DLNA section of JRiver (I don't know if you can access that one in JRemote or if JRiver would have to add a custom title expression field to the Gizmo section.)  I like to have the disc number, track number, composer last name and then title.  Second it would be nice if we could use the entire width of the iPad to show the now playing list and have the cover art accessible via a swipe in from the right and/or a toggle button next to the tags button on top.  I have a lot of classical music with some long titles and would like to use the full width of the iPad to get in as much as possible. 

Thanks,
John

cobzilla

« Reply #744 on: March 14, 2014, 09:58:51 pm »

JRemote is awesome, I use it all the time, works great!!

I have found some issues though:

1) On my iPhone 4S with iOS 7.1 (also happened with earlier iOS versions) if you double tap a song, it'll play twice, at the same time, one a little behind the other. It's interesting, but I'm guessing this is not a feature...  :)

2) The buffering seems to be very short, so if I have poor signal, it'll buffer a second or so at a time and play that. So you end up with a stuttering song. I'd rather have silence, while a 20-30 second buffer fills, than a stuttering song until the buffer catches up. The buffering logic should be such that once the buffer runs out, it waits until it has 20-30 seconds of song before it starts playing again.

Both of these issues are with MC 19.0.121 and the latest JRemote version...

3) It doesn't seem like JRemote has an 'About' button, so I can't report the exact version I'm using...

akamia

• Recent member
« Reply #745 on: March 15, 2014, 03:59:32 am »

JRemote:// is working fine. I integrated it in my Mediola Remote enviroment. Thank you.
Server2016 / OMV3 / JRiver 22 / JRemote / Denon X4000 / Vu+Solo4k / CCU2 / ioBroker / FHEM

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #746 on: March 15, 2014, 09:23:11 pm »

You can open JRemote from another app using the url "jremote://"
No parameters are supported at this time.

No problem adding custom buttons to trigger certain URL`s. I would appreciate more details on how such a system should work.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I think a great solution would be if the custom buttons are enabled and configured in the settings menu, it would show a new icon on the top bar. If you click this icon, it would show the custom buttons.

Audioclyde

• Recent member
« Reply #747 on: March 16, 2014, 08:20:10 am »

I typically use playlists and use the JRemote app.  In playlist mode, I like to click on the album art on the right hand side so that the Ipad displays full page album art.  However, when the next track starts to play, the album art does not change (unless of course I manually go back to playlist mode of JRemote and tap the current track's album art).  Is there any way that JRemote can be left on the full album art display and have the album art display change when the track changes?

Thanks!

Randy

wheel54

• Recent member
« Reply #748 on: March 21, 2014, 02:56:13 pm »

Hi,

Just a question, I tried to find information about this prior to purchasing, but it seems there's not an option to download/copy from the MediaCenter server to the iPhone / iPad.  Is it possible to add this in the future?

It'd be really useful to be able to load a smart playlist in to my iPhone (like random 100 songs or whatever), and then take the phone out for the day and still be able to play the playlist.  It'd be even better if you could later on sync tag changes/info, but I wouldn't mind just being able to access the songs on the phone remotely.

Probably not a priority for the program, but it would be great if it had that capability for me (or if someone knew of another app that could read your smartlists and sync the list to the phone). 

I do enjoy the app when connected wirelessly, and find it very fast/friendly to use.  So even if there are no intentions of adding a download to phone type feature, I still will be happy with the purchase.  It does seem like when a song is selected it copies it to the phone temporarily (I can see the loading bar fill up)... if there were just a way to do that for an entire playlist, and maybe set a custom amount of space to reserve for it to prevent too many songs from being copied over if you only want 1GB or whatever.

pcstockton

« Reply #749 on: March 21, 2014, 05:46:41 pm »

You dont need to put anything on your iOS device.  Simply stream that playlist to your device.  Set your global IP in server settings.

-patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up