INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Your iPod could not be properly identified" - Windows 8 issue?  (Read 2461 times)

pahunt

• World Citizen

I have an iPod Classic 160GB that was working fine with Media Center 18 until I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and now I can't get Media Center to recognise it whatever I do. Here are the steps I've taken to end up where I am:

1. Formatted Windows 7 Home Premium (x86) installation.
2. Installed Windows 8 Pro (x64).
3. Installed Media Center 18.0.149.
4. Pointed Media Center at the original library files that were stored on a second hard disk.
5. Plugged in iPod, got error message.
6. Unplugged iPod, plugged it in again, still same error.
7. Closed Media Center
8. Installed iTunes (I know, but I was desperate)
9. Reset iPod back to factory settings (it told me it was already on the latest firmware)
10. Closed iTunes and opened Media Center, same error again.

Has anyone got any ideas, how I can get this working again, surely Windows 8 can't be interfering in some way can it?

pahunt

• World Citizen
Re: "Your iPod could not be properly identified" - Windows 8 issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 07:33:41 am »

Nobody got any ideas?

Bob007

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:24:22 am »

An obvious ask but have you tried initialising the iPod from within MC? (Right-click your Ipod in the tree view and it's an option on the mini-menu).  It'll wipe the iPod but, in my experience, that's the only way to get around that particular error message...I've encountered that in the past when iTunes has been running whilst my iPod's been docked which seemingly corrupts the iPod DB from MC's perspective.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 01:52:03 am »

Try grabbing an old copy of MC, c .154 or even back to MC17.  It seems many are seeing problems with the latest builds but that older builds have no problems and once you initialise the iPod with an older build the newer builds will once again work...  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up