INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not importing files in auto-import  (Read 1638 times)

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
Not importing files in auto-import
« on: March 18, 2013, 09:52:37 pm »

Hi -

I have a reasonable collection of different language movies and songs. These are stored on a local unraid network but mapped locally on a Windows 7 x64 machine. I am running the most recent version of JRiver.

I have the auto-import configured and off late (maybe many weeks!?) I see that the new collection added does not get auto-imported.. even after many hours or a day of jriver running. I have tried few times to run auto-import manually but doesn't seem to import the new files. This has been frustrating and recently I found out that if I right click in windows explorer and import the folder manually, I get a dialog box pop up saying metadata updated and now it shows in the the library correctly.

Is there a way to specify the program run auto-import consistently to yield the same result as the windows explorer import?

Thanks.
--
Win 8.1 Pro (GTX 960, BENQ HT1075), Win 10 Pro (GTX 950, Sony KDLW900A) KVMs on Unraid 6.1.9, 8GB DDR3 +2 vCPU each, i7-4790, Asrock Z97 ex6, Denon 3313CI, Emotiva XPA5 amp, KEF Q900s, 600c, Mirage OMD15s, PSA 3x XS30SE

bivan

• Recent member
Re: Not importing files in auto-import
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 04:17:16 am »

How do you store the files on the network storage?

Please take a look here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79103.0
It applies to most of the network storages.
Maybe you find yourself in one of those scenarios.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 07:00:40 am »

Are you sure that the auto import settings include the correct file types?  It isn't enough to just set the directory.

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:54:07 am »

I am certain the file types are there. The strange thing is ..  earlier this year running auto-import manually would refresh the media (although was slow to pick up automatically). In the past few weeks even running auto-import manually will not pick up the new media. Only importing through explorer imports correctly. I can go into theaterview and all media shows up correctly.

I fire up xmbc to cross-check presence of media and playability. All files show up correctly in xbmc without having to import manually.

I am running unraid (slackware kernel) which houses about 15TB of media, the shares are mounted as windows drives. I am guessing this shouldn't impact since xbmc can see the files correctly.
--
Win 8.1 Pro (GTX 960, BENQ HT1075), Win 10 Pro (GTX 950, Sony KDLW900A) KVMs on Unraid 6.1.9, 8GB DDR3 +2 vCPU each, i7-4790, Asrock Z97 ex6, Denon 3313CI, Emotiva XPA5 amp, KEF Q900s, 600c, Mirage OMD15s, PSA 3x XS30SE

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 09:54:46 am »

Please try the latest, just in case this is related to the 'input plug-ins not registered on a fresh install' issue that was fixed:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79256.0

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up