INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there an export feature to copy everything MC imported back to an external HD  (Read 3834 times)

Wolcott

• Recent member

MC 18 did an amazing job importing 450 albums on an external HD to a new computer incredibly quickly.  Since then I have added a ton of cover art, ripped more CDs in MC, and cleaned up some albums and tracks.  Now I would like to export everything back to an external HD.  On the forum I have read about backing up the library, but I haven't seen anything mentioning MC exporting files to an external HD.  Do I just use Windows 7 copy command to move my music library to another drive?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

You can copy the media files any way you'd like.   MC's library refers to the files; it does not pull the files themselves into its database.

Note that if you are *moving* these files and MC knows about them, you'll have to fix Filename links in MC for these moved files.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

artto

• Recent member

You can copy the media files any way you'd like.   MC's library refers to the files; it does not pull the files themselves into its database.

Note that if you are *moving* these files and MC knows about them, you'll have to fix Filename links in MC for these moved files.

How does one fix Filename links in MC after *moving* them to an external hard drive? I want to use a 5Tb external USB hard drive with my laptop PC, to store all the existing FLAC & WAV files currently on the laptop since I'm running out of space (640GB) and I don't see a 1Tb+ internal drive solving the problem as I go forward, not to mention the additional expense. I would also want to rip new CD and have them stored on the external USB HD instead of going to the internal HD.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Use MC to move them.  Look under Tools for "Rename, Move, Copy".  Try a few before you do very many.

The wiki has a topic on Moving Files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up