INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Room Correction and File Import  (Read 1241 times)

Claude Lapalme

  • World Citizen
  • ***
  • Posts: 233
Room Correction and File Import
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:47:56 am »

It keeps getting better!

Two things however:

I cannot select speakers in the Room Correction of the DSP settings. Any setting changes apply to Left Speaker only.

I’m using a Samba share to stream from the same source as my Windows version. Some files that imported fine on windows are marked as skipped for being bad when imported with the MAC version. I have a library of over 26,000. 130 won’t import on the MAC. Any ideas as to what may cause this …
Logged

Fred1

  • Regular Member
  • Galactic Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 491
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Room Correction and File Import
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 09:58:33 am »

I have the same problem with files marked as skipped for being bad when imported.
No clue why.

They seem to me as normal as any other m4a files that import without problems.
Logged

Matt

  • Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • *****
  • Posts: 41972
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Room Correction and File Import
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 09:58:23 pm »

Maybe you could send a sample of a file or two that won't import to logs at jriver dot com.

You might copy them to your desktop and import from there first to make sure it's not a file path / permission thing.

Thanks.
Logged
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Claude Lapalme

  • World Citizen
  • ***
  • Posts: 233
Re: Room Correction and File Import
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 10:27:04 pm »

Will do on the next couple of days.
Logged

Claude Lapalme

  • World Citizen
  • ***
  • Posts: 233
Re: Room Correction and File Import
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 12:21:27 pm »

Well, I solved the problem.

Among my 26,000 or so files, there were about 100 or so whose filename did not use standard ANSI encoding for accents and diacriticals. In those particular files, an “é” was made up of two separate characters. OSX doesn’t seem to like that. One way to verify this (since the filenames look normal in explorer) was to move the cursor over a file in JRiver. The path would then be shown and something like “Ma me`re l’oye” instead of Ma mère l’oye” would appear. This means that the normal looking è in explorer is made up of two characters.

I used the free utility “Bulk Rename” to change the offending characters. Even then it was a little difficult since I had to seek a bad character and copy it into renamer (typing a normal accented character didn’t work). I made a list of a bunch of them and bulk renamed the files while JRiver was opened. I reimported the files from the MAC version and it all went well except that I found I did have a couple of truly corrupt file which I then extracted. Hope that helps!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up