INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.156 Alpha -- Available Here  (Read 9559 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is an alpha release of Media Center for Mac.  If you aren't comfortable with a few problems, please wait a few days.

Please read this before downloading.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180156.dmg

18.0.156 (3/25/2013)

1. Fixed: Memory leak with regard to auto-released system objects.
2. Fixed: Memory leak with cleanup of background threads.
3. Fixed: DSP Studio > Room Correction > Channel buttons were not working to switch channels.
4. Fixed: Sub-menu flyouts not hiding after moving to other menu items.
5. Fixed: Newly created smartlists could have a '/' in the name rather than going to the right playlist folder.
6. Faster: Improved user interface drawing efficiency and performance.

18.0.155 (3/22/2013)

1. Changed: Improved messaging when attempting to tag read-only files.
2. Fixed: The File > Open File... dialog was not allowing selection of files.
3. Faster: Improved the core threading engine so that background threads are much less resource intensive.
4. Fixed: Memory playback could work harder than necessary in some cases.

18.0.154 (3/21/2013)

1. Changed: The program now requires a license (after a 30 day free trial).
2. Fixed: Tagging of some formats was not working when the files were on a different volume than the system.

18.0.151 (3/15/2013)

1. Fixed: Lots of crashing from version 18.0.150
2. NEW: DLNA working as a server, controller and renderer. Note, you'll likely have to reset your settings if you didn't already in build 18.0.150, there are bad uuids in there. The easiest way to do this is to rename or remove the "~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 18/Settings" either from a terminal window or the finder after unhiding the ~/Library directory.
3. NEW: WebRemote applications working (Gizmo, JRemote, MyRiver, etc)

18.0.150 (3/14/2013)

1. NEW: Added Convolution DSP (same 64-bit SSE3 accelerated engine used on Windows).
2. NEW: Media Network (DLNA, Library Server, JRemote, etc.) available in options (still a work in progress).
3. NEW: MP3 encoding added.
4. NEW: Added configurable 'Channel offset' to Options > Audio > Output mode settings to allow targeting channels starting at something other than 1 (useful with pro / studio devices).
5. NEW: Drag-n-drop mostly working (within program, out of program, but not yet into program).
6. NEW: Added support for DSD bitstreaming using DoP.
7. Changed: Switched the timeout to April 16.
8. NEW: Wake On Lan implemented on Mac.

18.0.146 (3/8/2013)

1. Changed: Added support for more audio hardware (Lynx Hilo, RME Fireface UC, etc.).
2. Changed: Double-click, escape, etc. work on the playback display to exit Display View.
3. Fixed: Using some tools like Analyze Audio and Get Cover Art could prevent the program from closing even if they were no longer running.

18.0.143 (3/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Removed printing options from menu as they are not available yet on Mac and could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Changed text and link on "Help -> Registration Info" pop-up to reflect timeout and no license needed.
3. Fixed: Using cmd-Q to exit the program would result in a crash.
4. Fixed: Program text was garbled in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean translations.

18.0.142 (2/28/2013)

1. Fixed: SACD ISO files were not importing.
2. Fixed: Several cover art issues.
3. NEW: Internet POST requests work (makes Last.fm, etc.).
4. Fixed: If a background thread showed a message box, it would lead to a hang.
5. NEW: File move, rename, copy dialog functional. Not recommended for large scale or critical file operations until more testing is done.
6. Fixed: Problems with support of 32 bit only OSX systems, e.g. playback of MP3 files.

18.0.141 (2/26/2013)

1. Fixed: Sound devices that requested planar instead of interleaved data were not working.
2. Fixed: Cover art next to audio files was not loading properly.

18.0.140 (2/25/2013)

1. Fixed: The program would not run on systems without SSE 4.1 support.
2. Changed: Retooled SSE assembly everywhere in the program so that SSSE 3 is the low-water mark for SSE acceleration (previously SSE 4.1 was required in most places to get acceleration).
3. Fixed: Thread priorities were not implemented fully on Mac.

18.0.139 (2/22/2013)

1. Fixed: Wrong options file was being used in the 138 build resulting in frequent crashes.

18.0.138 (2/22/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for Core Audio exclusive output in Options > Audio > Output mode settings (enabled by default).
2. Fixed: Memory playback was not working properly.
3. Fixed: Plugins were not working because working path was not being set, this caused playback to fail.

18.0.137 (2/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Audio format converter working.
2. Changed: Register dynamic libs on first run after install rather than every startup.
3. Changed: Auto-update partially works. It will show whether version is up to date and download new version. Need to manually install.
4. Fixed: Show/Set update download directory not working.
5. Fixed: Search in options dialog not working.
6. Fixed: Encoder properties dialog in options not working.
7. Fixed: Clicking away from in-place editing box doesn't cancel edit mode.
8. Fixed: Mouse wheel support.
9. Changed: Close,Minimize,Maximize buttons moved to left side of frame.
10. Fixed: Lots of UI windowing issues (z-order,  white windows, black windows, floating windows,  etc.) should be fixed.
11. Fixed: Files with really long path names weren't importing.

18.0.136 (2/20/2013)

1. Fixed: Library backup / restore works, although restoring a library from the Windows version is not fully working yet.
2. Fixed: Internal volume working.
3. Fixed: Player window displaying wrong playback time.
4. Fixed: Some of the window z-order issues.
5. Changed: Somewhat friendlier message about lack of web browser support.
6. Changed: New and improved installer graphic.

18.0.133 (2/15/2013)

1. NEW: First release of Media Center on Mac.

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.156 Alpha -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 12:51:45 am »

I have heard 3 loud "pops"/"snaps" coming out of my right channel.  I've had this happen with both an Emotiva XDA-1 dac over USB and an ODAC over USB, both set to exclusive access.

I'm not sure if I can provide any additional information that would help track it down.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 01:14:52 am »

After autoimport is done and the statistic window is shown, MC crashes every time.
No data is lost.

shAf

Crashes upon trying to play Last.fm
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 05:53:14 am »

I tried to get this version to play Last.fm, first referencing an artist, referencing a genre, and both crashed MC.  Of note, my laptop was away from my music library ... I just wanted to play Last.fm.  I have attached the crash log sent to Apple ...

Macbook Air (2011), 4Gb, OSX 10.8.3
Cheerios  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

shAf

build 156 crashed upon podcast subscription
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 06:18:18 am »

I'm still trying to play some tunes away from my music library.  This time I wanted to subscribe to a favorite podcast and this install crashed.  I have attached the crash log sent to Apple.

Cheerios  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 06:46:49 am »

On a client machine?  Using Library Server?

shAf

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 07:14:48 am »

On a client machine?  Using Library Server?
I'm not sure if you're referring to me, or which of my posts(?)

If me ... in either case, I didn't believe Last.fm or Podcasts required any connection to a library server.  So it would be MCmac as a client for both applications.

Does that answer your question?

Philthy

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 09:03:35 am »

Listened to about 20 songs last night with 156 build. Mix of 16 and 24 bit recordings. Audio began to lightly pop and then to staticy sounding twice. It seemed random to me. About 4 minutes into an 8 minute 16/44 song. About 10 seconds into a 24/192 song.

Headless Mac Mini + Musical Fidelity V-Link USB-S/PDIF converter to add optical out into my pre-amp/processor. I press stop on JRemote, then play, and all is fine no more static. No issues with JRemote/Gizmoweb services dying on me at all. Was nice and fast all night. I also had auto-import turned off.

pirogallo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 11:21:44 am »

For the first time I was able to load multiple WAV tracks in library and get (good) sound!
This seems to me a big step forward.
Trying to load the other formats (mp3, m4a, aiff) crash the system.
Opening the single file as media file it it loads and plays correctly.

MacBook
2Gb

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 03:25:12 pm »

Hmmm... all of my audio files are gone - from the library, the files are still there.  There are now image and video files listed, not sure if this is new... (I usually have "Audio Only" in my library views so it wasn't until I made a completely blank view that I noticed the other files)

I am re-importing my audio folder and everything seems to be coming back into line - custom library fields and all.  

Also - my auto-import settings were wiped.  Again, not sure if this is normal; I am just now starting to use the J-Mac as my main organizer.

Anyone else get this with 156?  Upgraded from 155...

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 06:17:23 pm »

No trouble with version 156.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 07:22:16 am »

Please use a separate thread on any problem requiring discussion).  This thread is reserved for bug reports.  

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 07:46:04 pm »

I figured I'd wait until after the memory issues were reduced to a dull roar before reporting these idiosyncrasies.

After playing an album, the sidebar functions (albums, artists, files etc) won't respond anymore (won't open) to be able to select another album.

In addition the drop down list of options on the apple pull down menu (Media Center 18) (at the very top of the screen) ceases to function (it does change to the highlight color) as well.  The 'File' pull down menu option in the MC window does function but is still showing Alt+F4 instead of Cmd+Q (⌘+Q)

I have to quit then re-launch MC, to bring them back to life.

Also after playing for a while when I switch views from the sidebar options, the column headings revert to the 'stock' preselected list.  And when I then use a previously saved preset of my making, it won't always fully reflect my choices for what I saved.

JJ
ps this applies to x.x.156
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

michaelfb

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 04:00:12 pm »

When using a 2nd monitor with my MPB-15, the flyouts occur on the resident screen and not the second screen even when MC is open in the second screen.

Gone4it

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 06:54:01 am »

After enjoying step by step progress, i still after playing a while hear static, and soon after breakup in sound.
That's the most annoying interruption by now, but also after a while playback stops. Everything is back to normal after relaunch. Otherwise very satisfied with sound, and jremote, but have problems connect/being disconnected.
This is with 10.8.3 and build 156. On Mac mini just for music. USB to spdif converter Diverter Hr.

Philthy

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 07:13:19 pm »

After enjoying step by step progress, i still after playing a while hear static, and soon after breakup in sound.
That's the most annoying interruption by now, but also after a while playback stops. Everything is back to normal after relaunch. Otherwise very satisfied with sound, and jremote, but have problems connect/being disconnected.
This is with 10.8.3 and build 156. On Mac mini just for music. USB to spdif converter Diverter Hr.

Sounds like the same issue I had with my V-Link adapter on Mac Mini. It is discussed in this thread. I found a work around for my problem by setting all output options to 24/96 which is the max my adapter handles. Try setting yours to 24/192 for everything and see if it plays fine. Your Diverter sure is pretty.

Example for mine:

Also, you said you were connected disconnected. Do you mean JRemote? Turning off Auto Import in JRiver MC seems to have fixed that problem for me. Manually import albums once you have your library auto imported.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 09:02:02 pm »

Please test without the convertor.

Gone4it

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 01:36:46 am »

Thanks a lot for your inputs.
I actually never used any DSP/Upsampling in JRiver. Tried upsampling, but just more of same problem. So went back to bypass.
Never used Auto import.
Tried before on Snow Leopard HDD, now Mountain Lion SSD, same story.
Read the other thread, and found a lot of the same issues.
Can't try without Diverter, but with ITunes, it runs just fine. Just not same detail in the music.
So for now I can only hope that things will fall into place with new builds, since a lot of the same problems is present in different setups.
Looking forward to just enjoy the otherwise very nice player.

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 10:22:43 am »

First of all the sound is Great!!  Problems..... I get a notification at startup regarding Black on Black skin that it is designed for AERO in Windows but works just fine on my MacBook Air.  I cannot quit the program by keyboard (Command Q).  That brings up some type of search function......

Victor

amp1

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 11:47:37 am »

MC 18.0.156 Alpha Mac: View menu lists shortcuts for four different views at Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3, and Ctrl+5 but those keystrokes don't work.  Instead MC actually recognizes Command-1, through Command-5 for different views.  In the Mac world these shortcuts in menus would normally be displayed as the fan symbol followed by a digit.  Command is different than Control in the Mac world and the Command key's icon is the fan symbol.

timbarnes

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 05:46:29 pm »

I'm enjoying my new Media Center on Mac. I've encountered a few issues I thought I could document here:

• The minimize button doesn't seem to work. Maximize and close appear to work OK.
  • My ability to click on elements in the left-hand browser window seems to change in a random fashion. Sometimes I can't get the application to recognize mouse clicks. At other times it works OK.
  • The application crashed when I tried to add the DSP function to the top toolbar.
  • If I try to add a filter to the Parametric equalizer, I can't type into the fields to set frequency, Q and gain. I found a workaround: if I select the Options field at the top right of the DSP window, I can then type into the parameter fields.

My machine is a 2008 Mac Pro with 14Gb RAM and an SSD for the operating system. My sound cards are the internal card and a Presonus Firebox (I used them for different zones - one feeds my living room system, the other my office).

I'm impressed by how much is working - I'm using multiple zones with linking, a range of different filters and convolvers (impulses from Room EQ Wizard), and it seems pretty robust.

I'm looking forward to getting Internet radio working...

Thanks for listening,

Tim

timbarnes

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 02:02:14 am »

Is it possible to install additional VST plugins yet? I tried with a Convolver /Reverb plugin, but I couldn't get MC to recognize it.

Thanks,
tim

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 09:52:21 am »

156 repeatedly quits unexpectedly while playing SACD ISO files on new iMac running 10.8.3.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 11:30:48 am »

• My ability to click on elements in the left-hand browser window seems to change in a random fashion. Sometimes I can't get the application to recognize mouse clicks. At other times it works OK.

I am having the same issue with .156. Tim, I've found that going back and forth between right and left clicking returns mouse control. Weird, but it works.

Micah

scottlf

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 06:27:34 pm »

Ooopss...put this one in the wrong place.

I'm having a problem with MC crashing about half of the time after running the Auto Import. So far it always seems to have gotten the data into the library before the crash, however.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 06:42:35 pm »

Bug or ?
On the left side of the main screen, under Audio/Files when you click the arrow to the left of Files should you get a list of folders or files underneath, similar to the response when clicking the arrow beside either Artists, Albums or Genre? I do get the big list of files on the main page to the right but when i click the arrow head it just disappears and nothing happens.  Should something happen or should the arrow not be there in the first place, as is the case for Panes?

Oops I see that another thread started by s4s4s4 flagged the same issue, and that this should be resolved in the next build.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 09:27:13 pm »

I am having the same issue with .156. Tim, I've found that going back and forth between right and left clicking returns mouse control. Weird, but it works.

Micah

Yep, I'm getting that as well.  With the trackpad it's challenging to go back and forth with the right and left clicking. 

Additionally, some windows, like the window for fetching coverart from the Internet appear behind the main MC window and I have to move the main window offscreen to get to the other windows.

timbarnes

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 11:48:51 pm »

Thanks for the tip. I'm using a trackpad, and I don't seem to be able to make it work. Usually I have to close the window and re-open to get mouse clicks back.

tim

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 01:42:35 pm »

Thanks for the tip. I'm using a trackpad, and I don't seem to be able to make it work. Usually I have to close the window and re-open to get mouse clicks back.

This is actually getting pretty annoying...getting worse the longer I leave MC running in fact. I think it has something to do with the keyboard, as the problem doesn't seem to start for me until I use the keyboard to skip down to a certain point in the browser. Weird. No clicking or dragging on files or anything in the tree, but the menu bar, controls, and action window work fine.

Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up