INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 Analyze Issue (?Bug) - Related to Musepak metatags failure/wipe  (Read 743 times)

prosewall

Hello, All,
Have recently installed MC18 for trial and like what I see so far, however have struck a problem that might be an unhandled or ill handled exception in the Analyze audio component.

I have an audio collection that has many different codecs, though I have decided to settle on either FLAC or ALAC , many of my older ripped music is in musepack format, which had a reputation in the days when storage was more expensive of being one of the better codecs at high bitrates 160kbps and higher (preceding aac and Spectral days).

The problem I have experienced is when I analyse a large number of audio files from my collection, including some musepack items.

Occasionally I get a dialog explaining that the tags for the musepack files could not be written (it complains of read only permission etc, but that is not the case, I presume it is an illegal or unhandled tag type in the musepack header)

That is all good and well, and the analysis continues in the background, (though I believe the number of threads running drops by one to three)
However if I do not dismiss the dialog, and leave it showing and another dialog presents with a similar error, the progress bars on the processing list have their percentage values run up past 100% and beyond to many digits.

If I now dismiss the dialogs, the percentage values continue to climb seemingly endlessly. (The highest I've let them get is 32300%)

I have not determined if the behaviour occurs if I dismiss the initial dialog immediately.
Attached is a screen shot of the issue occurring.
Cheers,
P

prosewall

Re: MC18 Analyze Issue (?Bug)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 07:09:26 pm »

After a little more investigation, it appears that updating the APEV2 tags within the musepack files in MediaCenter destroys the existing tags in the files altogether, although the audio remains intact.
The information is stored in the Mediacenter database ok, but I can get it to routinely destroy the APEV2 tags in the musepack files whenever I modify the tag in MC18.
P
Pages: [1]   Go Up