INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can i sende Core Commands over the network?  (Read 1475 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Can i sende Core Commands over the network?
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:22:34 am »

I have a home automation system, with a linux server which runs it all (Loxone), I want to use my light switch to also control the volume of MC. This can be done by sending a command via UDP from the loxone-server. But does MC support this? (getting a core command via the LAN?), if not, is there any other good way to control the application with commands sent over the network?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can i sende Core Commands over the network?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:38:08 am »

MC supports rich control over the network:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Web_Service_Interface
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:02:04 am »

MC can be controlled remotely in different ways. As mentioned by web services and by DLNA and not least by issuing MC13.exe commands to run on the PC that hosts MC.
My guess is that these methods is not what you were looking for, because a quick glance at the Loxone homepage doesn't show that it can control devices at the application level.
Maybe you can control the volume on your amplifier with Loxone. Many amps has a rs232 interface even though it is badly documented and some amps with LAN connections even broadcasts and listens for special 'serial-on-lan-remote-commands'. The protocol has a name I cannot remember.

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:43:37 pm »

Thanks for the answers. After playing around I got loxone to send the web-command and control MC, so far i only tested the program volume, i think the easiest for me is to control the receiver volume via MC, and just send a command via the webservice, to get MC to send another IT-command to the receiver :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up