INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote "issues" (latest jRiver4mac)  (Read 3259 times)

fritsveer

• Recent member
JRemote "issues" (latest jRiver4mac)
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:19:52 pm »

Hi

With pleasure i am listening to my music via JRiver. Using JRiver as DLNA/UPNP server for my steamer (superuniti van Naim). JRiver works like charm, very good sound quality.

Also downloaded JRemote (for iPad and iPhone) as an extra remote albeit that Naim has its own functional app (n-stream) which works/talks with JRiver DLNA/UPNP. Using JRemote (like the interface and (potential) features more the n-stream), i came across some issues glitches.

Some minor glitches (but Hey its a alfa version).
- jremote stops the connection to jriver for 15 seconds after selecting a new song. No control possible.
- JRemote seems to repeat every second (2nd) songs it plays.
- sometimes skips songs

I tried both with the iPhone and iPad app. Also i tried this when playing on the iPhone as player.

I am writing this knowing JRiver is still in alpha. Need i just to shut up for now or do you (JRiver) want to know the issues??

Regards
Frits

Philthy

• Recent member
Re: JRemote "issues" (latest jRiver4mac)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 02:06:11 pm »

I haven't had any issues with JRemote since I turned off Auto Import in JRiver Media Center. Give that a shot.

Weedos123

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 02:10:15 pm »

The only issue I have with J Remote is that it refuses to reconnect after MC Mac crashes.  The only way around it at the moment is to re launch MC Mac, stop and then restart Media network.  J remote then finds the server again.
2012 i7 Mac Mini - Media Center for mac |
Debian Wheezy 64 bit - Media Center for linux| Exasound e28 DAC

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 03:39:09 pm »

The only issue I have with J Remote is that it refuses to reconnect after MC Mac crashes.  The only way around it at the moment is to re launch MC Mac, stop and then restart Media network.  J remote then finds the server again.

Yeah, I've found that the Media network crashes and needs restarting on a moderately frequent basis.

fritsveer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:44:59 pm »

I haven't had any issues with JRemote since I turned off Auto Import in JRiver Media Center. Give that a shot.

Hi philthy,
Tried ur workaround. Does not seem to help ( restarted also)

You don't have any of the glitches I mention?

Philthy

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:54:37 pm »

When I first installed JRiver, and used JRemote it would seem to work fine, then the screen would "reboot" back to the empty JRemote screen, and then I could sometimes browse the music, and sometimes it would hang/pause. Other times it wouldn't be able to connect to JRiver at all. I would then restart JRiver, and it would work for a little bit and then it would start happening again.

I had my system pointing to a specific folder to auto import when new content was copied over. I turned off auto import, and just manually import new folders now. JRemote has had no issues for me since. I will look through my settings later and see if maybe I turned something else off while I was tinkering.

I have not experienced any of your glitches that you listed other than the pauses. (Which I fixed)  I use a retina ipad for JRemote.

How about using Webgizmo? Does the same thing happen using that? I think JRemote is just a front end to Webgizmo. You can try it here: http://jriver.com/webgizmo.html

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 09:08:57 pm »

I'm not sure if this is appropriate for this thread, but if I need to start a new thread for please indicate and I will. 

Is it possible to choose which tags are displayed in JRemote?  I have taken time to tag my music using the extended tags and I'd like to reference them, i.e. style; country; etc.  Thanks for the consideration.

Philthy

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 10:05:35 pm »

Thread should not have been moved, most of this is related to OSX Alpha which effects the 3rd party remote apps.

fritsveer

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 01:52:21 am »

Hi Philthy et all,

Tried different settings last night. Nothing seem to change for the better.
My Naim Streaming app works fine.
Bit frustrating as i paid for the app which does not work properly and a free app works fine.

I will sent an email to the app-producers ( I thought JRiver was the producer, apparently i am mistaken)

rblnr

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 08:55:38 am »

Similar issues to everybody else.  Remote will connect sometimes, then inevitably and quickly lose connection and can't reconnect.  Media Center quits spontaneously all the time.  Will keep playing around, but back to Logitech Media Center and iTunes, both of which work glitch-free (but have had ton of time to work out problems)

fritsveer

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 03:53:48 pm »

Hi all

New version, ####62 solved some of the problems.
was a OSX related issue after all then.
Only the 15 sec connection break still exists.

May be move back the topic to JRiver Mac?   
Pages: [1]   Go Up