INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: emm labs dac6e+lynx aes. A little problem with multizone [solved]  (Read 1536 times)

Sboccio

• Recent member

Hello, i'm a newbie . I've got only 4 speakers but with a very very good quality , that i want to divide into 2 separate zones in Mc : 2 front and 2 rear with the best audio quality, because i want apply separate vst effects for the front and the rear. Creating the front is not a problem, i can select asio lynx and downsampling a 5.1 or more in 4 channel by mcriver . Than i can use only front channel and apply effects . In this manner i apply the same effects over the rear channel too, Is this right anyway ?
Than i create the rear channel zone , can you teach me the new configuration i have to do?

Ps: if i play a bluray video or concert , when i link to the principal zone, the new one duplicate the video too complicating the thing and loosing the sync with original zone . I don't need it and there is not a "duplicate only audio" voice in the Mc menu' (i didn't find it).

Thank you very much, Sboccio

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: emm labs dac6e+lynx aes. A little problem with multizone
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 09:03:03 am »

Welcome.

Are the speakers all in one room?  If so, you should use a single zone configured to output 4 (or more) speakers.  Otherwise, you'll never have perfect timing.

Parametric Equalizer allows you to apply filters to any or all specific channels, so it's no problem to apply different effects to the fronts than the rears.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 09:30:34 am »

You can't link zones for video content. If you use multi-channel VST plugins like those from Voxengo, then you can apply separate effects to any channel. With two channel VST plugins, it isn't possible to use the VST plugins on other channels besides 1 & 2.

Can you explain more what effects you want to use?

Maybe DSP Studio should have an option to add multiple instances of a two channel VST plugin with a channel offset option.

Sboccio

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 01:21:45 pm »

Wow , I'm happy to talk with two big shots in the forum ;)

Yes, i'm using 4 channel in the same room and i want to apply this stereo plugin to the front and another time to the rear :

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/arc/

it's for room correction and i like it because it is simple and it can correct more than one listen position (and i have just paied it:)).
if there isn't the ability to separate the 4-channel, I'm afraid I can not' even use the plugin with only the front channels, because its effects will apply to all 4 channels creating damage to the listen :'(
What do you think : is there possibilities or not?
                                                                                                     Thank you very much, Sboccio

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:13:25 pm »

Does ARC's license allow you even run two instances of the plugin at once?

You could use ARC to measure the rear speakers and then use JRiver's parametric equalizer to apply some EQ for the rears.

You can use the ARC plugin for the front speakers even with four speakers selected for output. Two channel VST plugins only use the first two channels. This will get you very close using JRiver's EQ for the rears and allow you to use ARC for the fronts.

This gets more complicated, but you can run Plogue Bidule as a VST plugin within JRiver. Within Plogue Bidule I think you can then load two instances of the ARC plugin and apply them to channels 1 & 2 and 3 & 4.

I use Audiolense for multi-channel room correction in my system.

Sboccio

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 06:15:47 am »

Ok, thank you, i will try your good advice  ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up