INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meta data updating  (Read 678 times)

hc

Meta data updating
« on: April 08, 2013, 03:38:26 am »

I shall use JRiver to stream / render media content (photo / video) to the wide screen TV.  For managing the media files – for example, tagging keywords, updating the EXIF, IPTC, XMP meta data embedded within the photo JPG files, I want to keep on using my existing Digital Asset Management DAM software.  I have no doubt that JRiver can pick up the meta data upon importing the photo JPG files and capture their meta data into its media library.  If I change the meta data in these imported photo JPG files using my DAM software outside JRiver, how can I trigger JRiver to update its media library to reflect the meta data changes of these imported photo JPG files??  I have over 20,000 photo JPG files.  Will JRiver need to scan all of them to identify which one has been changed??  My photo JPG files are kept in multiple folders.  Can I instruct JRiver just to scan one of the folder instead of all 20,000 photo JPG files??

Neco

• World Citizen
Re: Meta data updating
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 06:06:13 am »

I don't know if there is a more elegant way to select which files to do it with...

But you can use your standard View  to select the files (or a group of files) in your library and then manually trigger an update by selecting  "Update Library (From Tags)"  under Library tools, I believe it is.

If for some reason you ever wanted to scan your entire library you could even do that relatively easily,  by creating or using an existing View that shows you the entire contents of your Image Library,  then select them all (Ctrl + A)  and run the  "Update Library (from tags)" option.

So updating your tags should be rather trivial in this regard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up