INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Analyze Audio" not working on import  (Read 2497 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
"Analyze Audio" not working on import
« on: April 10, 2013, 10:14:59 pm »

For the past few days, Analyze Audio has not been working correctly for me. I'll rip files in dBpoweramp (without applying ReplayGain) and when the album is auto-imported into Media Center, I'm left with at least a couple of tracks that seem to have been skipped for analysis for some reason:

I only have one folder that MC is scanning for audio. (though the Analyze on import option seems to be global)

Any idea what could be causing this? If I run Analyze Audio manually it works just fine.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: "Analyze Audio" not working on import
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 11:12:26 pm »

I've seen this with my Scheduler recorded items.  Sometimes they are analyzed - sometimes not.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 02:30:50 am »

How long have you waited?

The background import process is on a low priority and I've seen it to take quite a while depending on how many tracks got imported to finish. The only indication I had that is was busy is that every couple of minutes a refresh would show another track with replaygain values.

When you disable auto import and run the import manually, does it run the analyze process?

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 02:39:47 am »

I gave it a couple of minutes, and it hadn't changed. If I run it manually, it only takes a few seconds for CD-quality audio to be analyzed on my system, and the ones that are not analyzed are out of order, so I was thinking that something must have caused it to skip over them for whatever reason.

I haven't tried importing files manually. I'll give it a shot later.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:28:19 am »

How long have you waited?

Since Tuesday.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 08:13:16 pm »

This is still happening for me in v171. If I leave MC alone completely while it's importing it seems less likely to happen, but if I have just imported an album, I am wanting to make changes to the metadata while it's working. (clean file properties, move anything in brackets to comments, add the catalog #, find and replace ' with ʼ, "" with “” ... with , add better album art etc.)

What I would also like to request is to severely reduce the priority or the amount of CPU that Analyze Audio is allowed to use. Particularly when scanning multi-channel DFF files, it's using so much CPU that my mouse cursor is jumping around the screen rather than moving smoothly.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 07:37:42 pm »

Having the same problem too. 'Analyze' seems to miss 2 or 3 tracks on import, and have to do them manually. using JRiver 18.0.177
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 12:21:10 pm »

Well I have figured out at least one of the things causing this - I'm still going through old drives and pulling Media from them onto my new PC, so I have a number of discs ripped as FLAC files.
I use ALAC now, so I have been using dBpoweramp's conversion tools on these files - it's a context menu item that completely automates the process of converting, renaming & moving the files to my music directory in the structure that I use with MC, and sending the source files to the recycle bin.

It seems that if the files take a while to convert, auto-import is picking up on some of the changes before it's finished, and even if they were picked up in a single batch, there are often at least two or three tracks per album that are skipped by the audio analyzer tool.

I don't want to import the FLACs where they are and convert inside Media Center, because I have ended up with corrupt files when doing this, it is "unsafe" in how it handles file deletion during conversions, and is a multi-step process unlike dBpoweramp's converter.

I suspect that the same thing is also happening when simply moving or copying files from another drive, causing it to import the file in batches, and skip the analyzing some of them. (I haven't been able to test this out though)
Pages: [1]   Go Up