INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple IPod File Transer in MC18  (Read 1610 times)

tlachiquero

Simple IPod File Transer in MC18
« on: April 14, 2013, 02:04:15 pm »

First post here as a new user.

I just want to transfer files to my iPod.  I don't want it to sync, ever.  I only want the music files on it that I transfer myself when I want to transfer them.  I don't want it to access the  music files on my PC on its own. 

I thought I had found a way to do this but then yesterday I started a transfer of 4 files (90 MB total) and got a progress message that it would be finished in 1:20 hours.  I killed that but now cannot find instructions on working with portable devices that do not involve the word "sync".

What do people do when they want to store and listen to music from a USB flash drive?

Thanks.

tlachiquero

Re: Simple IPod File Transer in MC18
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:21:46 am »

Original poster here.

Just re-read my inquiry and want to clarify the flash drive reference.  I want to move files on and off the iPod in the same way that I would if I was using a flash drive.

Thanks.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Simple IPod File Transer in MC18
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 11:06:54 am »

Many of use MCs handheld "sync" to a viritual handheld (a directory) in order to manage the conversion from a lossless format (flac, etc.) to a compressed lossy format that the iPod can accept (mp3, etc.).  So don't be dissuaded by the sync term.

After you have your collection of files that are candidates for the iPod, you can use iTunes to transfer the files that you've imported into iTunes.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up