INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: when backing up your library...  (Read 1309 times)

JetBlack

• World Citizen
when backing up your library...
« on: April 18, 2013, 05:20:36 pm »

does it save all your setting in the options? if so, how do i reset all the sound setting to the default (out of the box) settings?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: when backing up your library...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 05:42:02 pm »

does it save all your setting in the options?

Yes.

You can restore them independently, though.  When you restore from backup, it gives you separate checkboxes for restoring the Settings and restoring the Library.

if so, how do i reset all the sound setting to the default (out of the box) settings?

Well, you can uninstall (and have it wipe the settings) and then reinstall and not have it restore the settings (as mentioned above) and just the Library.  However, if you're just testing (or confused), you can just make a new Zone.  Newly added Zones start with the default settings under Options > Audio, the DSP, and Options > Video.  Those settings are completely independent for Zones.

So, without uninstalling anything, you can add a new Zone, select it, and then that will be set to the defaults for those important sections, without resetting everything else (Auto-Import and File Locations and the like).  If you get it right, you can always remove your old (original) zone if it is broken.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 05:43:49 pm »

I should add... I'm not sure if Clear Library also resets the Options panel.  Someone smarter (or braver) can chime in.

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 05:49:41 am »

Thanks for the tips. I could not find the "Zones" options under DSP.
Maybe I should explain why I am asking. I recently did a factory reset on my HP Laptop, made all the Microsoft updates, reloaded MC-18 and moved all my media back to my hard drive.
All was good, now I am back using MC-18 to play music.
Now I am getting a lot skipping, noise, stalling when I play music. I am not sure what is causing that. I have a lot of wireless devices at my desk, such as 2 wireless mouses, Logitech head set, Sea gate back up drive, 2 wireless keyboards, cell phone. Can those be causing interference with the music playback, or does it have something to do with MC-18? It is very irritating.

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:37:20 am »

If it worked prior to your factory reinstall why would the wireless stuff magically start inteferring now?

Since you did a factory reset this sounds like driver problems.   Either you upgraded to a newer driver that is breaking something horribly, or you reverted to drivers older than the ones you were using before.

OF course there is also the possibility that there is a ton of pre-loaded junk starting up with Windows and taking up resources. 

Have you verified your audio settings are the same as what you were using before?    Have you tried resetting them to defaults?

Could be an issue with the playback device/driver its trying to use (DIrectSound, Waveout, ASIO, WASAPI etc), or a a simple buffer size issue..

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 03:16:35 pm »

Thanks for the tips. I could not find the "Zones" options under DSP.

Wrong spot.

Zones are controlled and configured under Playing Now in the Tree (on the left).  You can also go to Player > Zones > Add a new zone.  I gave a step by step for another user just yesterday here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80029.msg544373#msg544373

I highly doubt that any of your wireless devices would be causing anything like this.

What sound device are you using?
What do you have Options > Audio > Output Mode set to?

Pages: [1]   Go Up