INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate files in library - not on hard drive  (Read 2592 times)

xj32

• Junior Woodchuck
Duplicate files in library - not on hard drive
« on: April 24, 2013, 08:49:02 am »

I have a weird thing happening, some of my albums are showing up with double tracks. IE copies.

For instance when I look up Rubber Soul, each song is listed twice and plays twice. If I look at the file path,

One is listed as:                 /Volumes/Music Library/iTunes/The Beatles/Rubber Soul [2009 Stereo Remaster]/01 Drive My Car.m4a

The Other one is listed as:   \Volumes\Music Library\iTunes\The Beatles\Rubber Soul [2009 Stereo Remaster]\01 Drive My Car.m4a

All I have ever done is an auto-import/sync with my iTunes folder. If I look in the physical folder, luckily only one file exists.

Anyone know what caused this, or a quick way to solve it? Its happening in some artists and not others.

Paul

mvilla

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Duplicate files in library - not on hard drive
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:04:08 am »

I have the same issue !
Massimo

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:18:30 am »

Sorry, but we're still working through some of the slash issues.

Is it possible you have playlists saved that point to these files that MC is finding?  I'm wondering if the issue could be in the playlist parser, or drag-n-drop, or some area of the program other than a normal import since we're not seeing a lot of this.

Thanks.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 05:28:01 pm »

I have a weird thing happening, some of my albums are showing up with double tracks. IE copies.

For instance when I look up Rubber Soul, each song is listed twice and plays twice. If I look at the file path,

One is listed as:                 /Volumes/Music Library/iTunes/The Beatles/Rubber Soul [2009 Stereo Remaster]/01 Drive My Car.m4a

The Other one is listed as:   \Volumes\Music Library\iTunes\The Beatles\Rubber Soul [2009 Stereo Remaster]\01 Drive My Car.m4a

All I have ever done is an auto-import/sync with my iTunes folder. If I look in the physical folder, luckily only one file exists.

Anyone know what caused this, or a quick way to solve it? Its happening in some artists and not others.

Paul

I have the same duplicate issue with my eLyric library but not with MC or P Music, have no idea why.

xj32

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:20:00 pm »

Many of mine appear to be tracks I have in playlists which I imported from iTunes

xj32

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 12:20:12 pm »

Update...when I went into my libraries, it showed that I had a 2nd re-direct to my iTunes folder, but it had no folder name, just the drive path. I am guessing it got added when I did itunes playlist imports, so there may be some kinks in that process.

Maeghaus

• World Citizen
  • These are not the Druids you are looking for.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 06:14:34 am »

Yes, I had the same issue where regular import showed one kind of slash and imported iTunes playlists showed the reverse. I reported this behavior last week as a matter of fact, but I wasn't very articulate about the description (April 17, 2013 -- Duplicate files when importing XML playlists from iTunes). Thanks for your post.

I will experiment with Options to see if changing the parser would solve the issue.

Setup:
Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion
Intel Duo Core iMac 2.4GHz (late 2007)
4 GB RAM
Location of music files: External drive (not a NAS)
JRiver Media Center 18 (174 Alpha)

-- Tom
Windows PC (2023)
- Media Center Playback Host (DNLA), primary library source - Windows 11 Pro - Intel 12th Gen Core i7-12700KF@3.60 GHz - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32 GB (16x2) RAM DDR4 3200 - EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3, 10 GB VRAM - WD_BLACK 4TB SN850X SSD - Mac Mini M1 (2020) - MSI GE Series GE66 Raider Laptop

xj32

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 11:47:37 pm »

I just spent all night trying to once again import playlists from iTunes.

I export the playlist from iTunes, then I edit the XML file to remove local host, then it appears to import fine and the playlist looks normal in MC.

However when I go back to the regular artists folder I am still getting duplicate files with reversed forward and backslashes like I mentioned in the 1st post.

I guess this is not fixed yet?

xj32

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 06:46:09 pm »

Anyone???  ::) Has this been covered in a different thread? I could not find solutions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up